Old April 3rd 17, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default QRZ Forums - Homebrew and Kit Projects for Monday 3 April 2017

Homebrew and Kit Projects

Homebrew FM squelch using an Arduino

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...rduino.551860/

Ive been playing around with Arduinos lately and thought it might be fun to
make an FM squelch board using one to control the squelch tail length and
hysteresis. If anyone else is interested in making something like that
and/or wants to compare notes and schematics, let me know. I have one
working pretty well so far with about 3 dB hysteresis and a squelch tail of
about 20 milliseconds for strong signals and 150 for noisy signals. I
call it the "Not quite as good as a Micor" squelch....

Homebrew FM squelch using an Arduino

Kenwood DG5 emulator update - LED as well as LCD support and other
improvements

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...ements.508492/

I made some updates to my DG5 emulator code over the weekend, I added LED
support (instead of just LCD), added a correction factor if needed, some
averaging code to reduce display jitter, changed the counter gate timing,
and cleaned up the code a lot. This work was largly done in preparation
for a Nixie tube version, I am planing on making a version running IN-12B
nixies because, well, I want to.

More here and video of new LED version:...