Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 20th 03, 06:46 AM
VE8AE Andrew

Default 32 FT VERTICAL -- counterpoise length??

I have an old Shakespear 32 ft antenna. Fed at side near bottom and a
large bottom plate. Want to know if I mount it up at the top of a mast
how long should I make radial wires for? Do I just calculate for
lowest freq and make them 1/8 wavelength? I am going to run it through
my tuner to get as many bands out of it as I can. Only about 40ft of
coax so it is not too long.
Or should I try and design my own trap vertical of some sort??
Thanks.
Andrew VE8AE