Old November 19th 10, 03:13 PM
Junior Member

Location: Cason Old Field NC.
Default Amature amature.

Well yesterday I knew less than nothing about shortwave details, today I know twice as much thanks to the forum and it's sponsors and advertisers. Lol.... Serriously though.... I'm finding a wealth of information and quickly. My first couple sw recievers were one from Radio Shack, and then a Hitachi boom box CD/AM/FM/SW/CASSETTE unit with amazing clarity and tuning. Wish I could find info on that unit, and look on ebay for one to purchase again. Right now I have a Hammarlund HQ120 which I just got out of NY on an ebay auction. I'm still awaiting its arrival so some of you might remember your first ebay purchase of a radio and remember it fondly. It looked nice in the pictures, but as always came with the usual "I'm a florist and know nothing about this unit".... the bulbs light....duhhh. Well I suppose I'd better get used to those kind of representations if I continue collecting on ebay and elsewhere. I'll put a picture if my 'Darlin' up here. I'll need to be finding a manual next and a plan of attack on cleaning and addressing this unit to get it back into presentable top form. I'm looking forward to getting aquainted to the members and 'Sages' here on the forum.. Rich AKA Plotus
Attached Thumbnails
Amature amature.-b8-htkg-mk%7E%24-kgrhqr-jyezki2lvzkbm20gkgmg-%7E%7E_3.jpg
Slow awake.....fast asleep

Amature Radio License. James Shortwave 0 May 3rd 09 05:12 PM
Amature Radio License. [email protected] Shortwave 2 April 27th 09 08:07 PM
New Amature seeks to make his own small radio.. ScottnDess Homebrew 28 September 13th 03 10:19 AM
New Amature seeks to make his own small radio.. ScottnDess Homebrew 0 July 20th 03 09:56 PM