Old August 19th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Mixer Data?

I have a WJ M14 mixer with sma connectors on all three ports. Does anybody
ant data on this mixer? A search on the Internet didn't turn up anything and
I get no response from the company even after using a professional for pay
search service contacted them.

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott

Old August 19th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Leland C. Scott wrote:

I have a WJ M14 mixer with sma connectors on all three ports. Does anybody
ant data on this mixer? A search on the Internet didn't turn up anything and
I get no response from the company even after using a professional for pay
search service contacted them.

It truly is unfortunate if WJ is now unresponsive; in the '70s and '80s I
often wrote WJ requesting data on many products, including mixers, and
always received a reply with copious amounts of material including
spec sheets, manuals, etc.

How times change...

Regards,

Michael
Old August 19th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"msg" wrote in message
Leland C. Scott wrote:

I have a WJ M14 mixer with sma connectors on all three ports. Does
anybody ant data on this mixer? A search on the Internet didn't turn up
anything and I get no response from the company even after using a
professional for pay search service contacted them.

Leland:
The two links below give minimal information about power level,
frequency, etc...
If you need more, I'd contact Mini-Circuits Labs (Harvie Kaylie, the pres),
for a
suggested substitute, and then go from there.These are good guys to work
with, and
you should get everything you require. I -hate- having an electronic part
that can't
be specd out!

73, Mike W5CHR
Memphis

www.netlaputa.ne.jp/~toshi/amp0003.htm

www.westerntestsystems.com/coaxia4.htm

Old August 19th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Mike;

Thanks for the links. I don't need a substitute part, I have two of these
mixers I picked up at a fleamarket.

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott

"Mike Lucas" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 20th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tom Tom is offline

In article , "Leland C.
Scott" wrote:

I have a WJ M14 mixer with sma connectors on all three ports. Does anybody
ant data on this mixer? A search on the Internet didn't turn up anything and
I get no response from the company even after using a professional for pay
search service contacted them.

The WJ M14 is marked L for LO and has spec of 4-9 GHZ, RF for RF spec is
4-8 GHz, and I for IF spec is DC-2GHz. Isolation between ports is 30db
typical, loss is 5-6 db, and noise figure is 5-7 db. Is that enough info?
Data from 1989 Watkins Johnson catalog. Tom Wb6iqd

Old August 26th 07, 08:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

LO and RF ports are rated from 4 to 8GHz, IF port is good from DC to 2GHz.
Noise figure is 5dB, and port to port isolation is 35dB. This dats is from
my purple WJ data book.

Pete

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message
. ..
I have a WJ M14 mixer with sma connectors on all three ports. Does anybody
ant data on this mixer? A search on the Internet didn't turn up anything
and I get no response from the company even after using a professional for
pay search service contacted them.

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

WJ-8718 mixer ? Henry Kolesnik Homebrew 3 December 15th 06 06:11 PM
Help with Mosfet mixer David Homebrew 10 July 3rd 06 01:58 PM
Eddystone 750 1st Mixer Ted Wood Boatanchors 0 September 9th 03 01:29 PM
RF mixer termination Alfred Lorona Homebrew 20 July 8th 03 10:54 PM
RF mixer termination Alfred Lorona Homebrew 0 July 7th 03 12:55 AM