Old May 27th 12, 07:07 PM
Junior Member

Default MFJ-259 Problem

My MFJ-259b just started to read incorrectly.. Yesterday when I put a percision 50 ohm load it read R=50 X=0 1.0 SWR but now today it reads R=40 X=0 1.0 SWR Same load. Load is good. tried 3 more loads and all read R 39 to 40 and X=0 Open circuit read R=161 X=0 8.2 SWR I know thats wrong. Advanced mode load reads R011 S124 Z095 Open reads R200 S049 Z158 What could have happened? Any help would be greatly appreated.. PS this is all at 10MHZ

Thanks
Skip
Old June 2nd 12, 02:45 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip View Post
My MFJ-259b just started to read incorrectly.. Yesterday when I put a percision 50 ohm load it read R=50 X=0 1.0 SWR but now today it reads R=40 X=0 1.0 SWR Same load. Load is good. tried 3 more loads and all read R 39 to 40 and X=0 Open circuit read R=161 X=0 8.2 SWR I know thats wrong. Advanced mode load reads R011 S124 Z095 Open reads R200 S049 Z158 What could have happened? Any help would be greatly appreated.. PS this is all at 10MHZ

Thanks
Skip
MFJ = Mighty Fine Junk!

Works great when it works, and when it does not, they require you to send it back and have it repaired at their facilities.

Because you are there and I am here, there is no way for sure to know what you did to break it.

My guess is that you connected it to a transmitter and drove it with too much power and burned it up.

That is what usually happens with the ones that my friends have here.

They forget to attenuate the power at the transmitter before using it and it get fried real easy.

You could check the batteries, but I guess you already did that.

You could also check the PL jumper you are using, I have seen bad jumpers drive people nuts.
Not everyone knows how to solder a PL connector on a piece of coax properly.

SG-230 problem Andy[_5_] Antenna 30 April 24th 20 08:03 PM
Possible new problem TVI David Thompson Antenna 7 June 27th 09 10:48 PM
What's the problem? Dr.Ace - WH2T Policy 0 October 6th 05 01:52 PM
Haynie admits to problem, alzheimers victims respond with, "What problem?" John Smith Policy 111 June 23rd 05 01:55 AM
Pro-96 problem Jon M. Hanson Scanner 1 May 23rd 04 08:45 PM