Old December 7th 03, 05:12 PM
Leland C. Scott

Default Ovenaire Model OSC-85-11

Does anybody have, or know where I can get, the
spec.'s and pin-out for an old Ovenaire model
OSC-85-11 10MHz oven controlled oscillator module?
It came out of an old junk Fluke model 7261A
frequency counter, and I don't have a manual for
that either to look for the pin-out.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

ARRL Member
NCI Member

Charter member of the
Lawrence Technological University
Wireless Society W8LTU

Old December 7th 03, 06:43 PM
Fred McKenzie

Does anybody have, or know where I can get, the
spec.'s and pin-out for an old Ovenaire model
OSC-85-11 10MHz oven controlled oscillator module?
It came out of an old junk Fluke model 7261A
frequency counter,

Leland-

I have the Fluke 7220A counter that uses the same oven timebase options as the
7261. According to the 7220 manual, options 131 and 132 ovens are both used on
the 7261. I have the Ovenaire OSC 85-22, Fluke option 132. Take a look at a
chart on the bottom of the 7261, to see which option is checked.

If the OSC-85-11 is from Option 131, it is the "Low Power Oven Time Base". The
oscillator is Fluke part number 516116.

Counter Specifications with this option:
Nominal Frequency 10 MHz
Aging Rate +/- 1X10e-7/month*
Accuracy with Temperature +/- 1X10e-7, zero to 40 degrees C
Line Voltage +/- 2X10e-8 for 10% line variation
Warmup 10 minutes +/- 5X10e-7, 20 minutes +/- 3X10e-8
Battery Operation +/- 5X10e-8.
* after five days continuous operation

There are five leads, three near the center and two near the end of the OSC
85-22. In the 7220 diagram, pins 1 and 13 are connected to ground, pins 6 and
8 to +5 Volts and pin 7 is output. From this, I would guess that the center
pin of the three together, was the output. The manual doesn't have PCB layouts
in sufficient detail to see which pins go where, so I would have to disassemble
the counter to find out for sure. Perhaps an Ohmmeter check of the three pins
with respect to ground, would ease your mind.

73, Fred, K4DII