Old March 27th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Default Hawking: An unsolicited endorsement for Speaker Re-coning

All,
I had to have the 4" speaker from my Pilot T502-U re-coned because the
voice coil was shot. It's a sentimental set, I have spent a bit
keeping it up to par and this was a setback.

I used the Circuit Shop in Kentwood, MI. after reading about them
here.

They charged $35 for the re-coning (Professional!) and $7.50 for
excellent packing and quick shipping.

WOW!!! what a great job!!!

Installed the speaker and it is perfect!!

As you can see, I recommend them with all confidence.
They are at: www.circuitshop.com

Hawking of services completed
rgds,
Mark S.
Old March 27th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Absolutely. I've had them recone two speakers for me so far, and both were
amazingly perfect. And very reasonably priced. I hope Jim and Richie are
teaching their craft to some of the younger guys and they stay in business a
long, long, time. Hawking is well deserved.

Jeff

Old March 27th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Thanks for sharing your positive experience. It is most certainly NOT
hawking on your part.

Old March 27th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono

wrote in message

They are at: www.circuitshop.com

Thanks. Ooooo, love the Springer, Lucy ! "The Real Boss"- that alone
recommends them utterly!

John H.

Old March 27th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono

wrote in message

All,
I had to have the 4" speaker from my Pilot T502-U re-coned because the
voice coil was shot. It's a sentimental set, I have spent a bit
keeping it up to par and this was a setback.

I used the Circuit Shop in Kentwood, MI. after reading about them
here.

They charged $35 for the re-coning (Professional!) and $7.50 for
excellent packing and quick shipping.

WOW!!! what a great job!!!

Installed the speaker and it is perfect!!

As you can see, I recommend them with all confidence.
They are at: www.circuitshop.com

Hawking of services completed
rgds,
Mark S.

I think the dog does the re-coning.

Old March 27th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Hi Gang,
If'n ya want those guys to do your speaker reconing, better get with
the program, 'cause when fishin' season starts around here, they fish
more than they work :-). But that is, after all, what owning your own
business is ALL about. They do EXCELLENT work for me and quick too,
when it ain't fishin season.

Old March 29th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono

It's good to a reference to someone who provides a valuable service
and who does professional work for a very fair price.

Pete