Old May 15th 04, 04:55 AM
Alun

Default The Pool

This is the latest update I could find on Google:-

WA2SI: September 13, 2003
KF6TPT: September 29, 2003
KC8EPO: December 31, 2003
K2UNK: January 1, 2004
K2ASP: March 15, 2004
AA2QA: April 1, 2004
N2EY: April 15, 2004
N3KIP: May 1, 2004
KC8PMX: July 1, 2004
WA2ISE: August 1, 2004
K3LT: September 15, 2004
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007
K5TIT: June 1, 2008

Currently, if the code test was dropped before June 15, I would be the
winner, but that isn't likely as we don't even have an NPRM. The most
recent NPRM took 2 years to work it's way through. If we go by that, it
makes Dee the most likely winner. By then the US could be one of the last
countries with a code test, as per Len's humourous piece that he posted
the other day.

Alun, N3KIP
Old May 15th 04, 11:37 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Alun" wrote in message
[...]

Your right Alun. I will make a prediction. The FCC will retain CW, but for
the Extra class only.

After all someone has to be able to talk to those Russians and her ex slave
countries.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 16th 04, 02:26 AM
Alun

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in
ink.net:

"Alun" wrote in message
[...]

You wish. I predict Element 1 will go.
Old May 16th 04, 09:24 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Alun" wrote in message
[...]

Most people of limited drive and ambition will take that position. Glad to
see I have you placed in the right hole.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 17th 04, 01:48 AM
Robert Casey

You wish. I predict Element 1 will go.

Most people of limited drive and ambition will take that position. Glad to
see I have you placed in the right hole.

Dan/W4NTI

The way the FCC has talked about code lately, I doubt that they'd keep
it for
extra only vs just dumping it entirely. "Reduction of burden on the
VE's giving
the tests" and all that. Keeping it for extra means that VEs have to
keep and
maintain code test tapes.

Old May 17th 04, 09:33 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Robert Casey" wrote in message

You wish. I predict Element 1 will go.

Most people of limited drive and ambition will take that position. Glad

see I have you placed in the right hole.

Dan/W4NTI

The way the FCC has talked about code lately, I doubt that they'd keep
it for
extra only vs just dumping it entirely. "Reduction of burden on the
VE's giving
the tests" and all that. Keeping it for extra means that VEs have to
keep and
maintain code test tapes.

Gee, ya really think so? And so what? Since when did the gobernmunt give
a hoot out of what the citizens want?

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 17th 04, 11:44 PM
Alun

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in
link.net:

"Robert Casey" wrote in message

You wish. I predict Element 1 will go.

Most people of limited drive and ambition will take that position.
Glad to see I have you placed in the right hole.

Dan/W4NTI

The way the FCC has talked about code lately, I doubt that they'd keep
it for
extra only vs just dumping it entirely. "Reduction of burden on the
VE's giving
the tests" and all that. Keeping it for extra means that VEs have to
keep and
maintain code test tapes.

Gee, ya really think so? And so what? Since when did the gobernmunt
give a hoot out of what the citizens want?

Dan/W4NTI

They don't, but the FCC is heavily into the concept of reducing the
regulatory burden by simplification of rules, a very Reaganesque idea.
Which is simpler, keeping a requirement for some licences only or making it
go away altogether? Abolishing Element 1 completely fits their philosophy,
and the alternative doesn't.

Of course, since the code tests are done by volunteers you could argue that
no money will be saved. Firstly, that won't stop them, and secondly, VEs
may be less likely to claim expenses if they don't have to buy code tapes,
so some paltry amount of money may in fact be saved.
Old May 18th 04, 02:17 PM
WA3MOJ

In article .net, Dan/W4NTI
says...

"Robert Casey" wrote in message

You wish. I predict Element 1 will go.

Most people of limited drive and ambition will take that position. Glad

see I have you placed in the right hole.

Dan/W4NTI

The way the FCC has talked about code lately, I doubt that they'd keep
it for
extra only vs just dumping it entirely. "Reduction of burden on the
VE's giving
the tests" and all that. Keeping it for extra means that VEs have to
keep and
maintain code test tapes.

Gee, ya really think so? And so what? Since when did the gobernmunt give
a hoot out of what the citizens want?

Dan/W4NTI

I want my mtv.

Old May 18th 04, 10:12 PM
garigue

Of course, since the code tests are done by volunteers you could argue

that
no money will be saved. Firstly, that won't stop them, and secondly, VEs
may be less likely to claim expenses if they don't have to buy code tapes,
so some paltry amount of money may in fact be saved.

Na Alun don't worry about those expenses for code tapes or programs or 33
RPM records etc. There have been many a VE out there who has taken his
significant other out for a "night on the town" after a VE session. Why
would some guys drive for a hundred miles to "take" a test when tests are
locally offered ???

Dare I say shenanigans ....... ??????

73 Tom Popovic KI3R Belle Vernon Pa.

Old May 18th 04, 10:21 PM
KØHB

"garigue" wrote

There have been many a VE out there who has taken his
significant other out for a "night on the town" after a
VE session.

I take K0CKB out for a "night on the town" anytime I damned well please,
but it has nothing to do with funds from a VE session.

If you can prove your accusation, then the FCC will be greatly
interested in hearing from you.

On the other hand, it's my guess that you're full of
male-bovine-fecal-matter up to your eyeballs, and somebody ought to
stomp a mudhole between them for your slander.

With all kind wishes,

de Hans, K0HB

Using a Pool Cage As an Antenna? W9zr Antenna 1 November 5th 04 05:18 AM
Use a Pool Cage As An Antenna? W9zr Antenna 0 November 4th 04 10:09 PM
The Pool N2EY Policy 515 February 22nd 04 04:14 AM
From the Extra question pool: The dipole David Robbins General 1 January 23rd 04 06:32 PM
REQ:latest Ham University with curent tech pool willing to share?/sell cheep Equipment 0 November 27th 03 08:15 AM