Old September 7th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Boca Raton, Fl Frequencies

I recently gave my son my Uniden BC895XLT scanner. I was in Boca this past
weekend and we tried to program frequencies in his area into the scanner. We
programmed the analog and trunked frequencies into it (on different banks)
and were not able to receive anything. Any help/advise would be appreciated.
We used the Boca Raton & Palm Beach County info.

Old September 8th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:41:06 -0500, "ken foshee"
wrote:

I recently gave my son my Uniden BC895XLT scanner. I was in Boca this past
weekend and we tried to program frequencies in his area into the scanner. We
programmed the analog and trunked frequencies into it (on different banks)
and were not able to receive anything. Any help/advise would be appreciated.
We used the Boca Raton & Palm Beach County info.

Try the frequencies at
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=365 You
might have had an outdated list.
Old September 8th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I appreciate the reply. This is the link to info we used. I can't determine
if these are analog or digital..

http://www.radioreference.com/module...ame=RR&sid=197

Old September 8th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

System Name: Palm Beach County
Location: Palm Beach, FL
County: Palm Beach
System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and *****APCO-25 Common Air Interface*****
Sysid: 813A
Last Updated: Added a single talkgroup
Hits: 11628

Fifth line down (the one I added the stars to)
APCO-25 is digital

GB

--
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government
has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't

-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old September 10th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:41:40 -0600, gray-beard
wrote:

System Name: Palm Beach County
Location: Palm Beach, FL
County: Palm Beach
System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and *****APCO-25 Common Air Interface*****
Sysid: 813A
Last Updated: Added a single talkgroup
Hits: 11628

Fifth line down (the one I added the stars to)
APCO-25 is digital

Motorola type II is an analog system. While some channels may be
digital, the system isn't, and there are definitely some analog
channels in there.

Boca Raton fire is digital and 8 channels of Palm Beach County Sheriff
are digital, but the rest are probably analog.

Ken, if you hear any talkgroups that aren't shown in the list with an
A for the mode (or those services that aren't listed with modes
because no one posted modes to the site), please post the talkgroups
that are analog, so that the moderators can add the information to the
database.