Old September 6th 03, 01:40 PM
Ken

Default PSK31 with DOS and sound card?

Any programs out there that do PSK31 RX/TX under DOS, using a
soundblaster sound card?

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email
remove "zz" from address)
Old September 6th 03, 03:03 PM
Ralph Mowery

"Ken" wrote in message
Any programs out there that do PSK31 RX/TX under DOS, using a
soundblaster sound card?

Ken KC2JDY

You may try this one.

http://home.uwnet.nl/~pa3byz/download.htm

Also I think that the origional psk31 program will work with windows 3.1
which is really a dos type program.

Old April 24th 10, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Why use something as fancy as DOS when you can rock out an Apple II or
Commodore 64? I believe there are some modes workable on those.

Old October 31st 11, 10:01 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Any programs out there that do PSK31 RX/TX under DOS, using a
soundblaster sound card?

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email
remove "zz" from address)
I think the level is more rig dependent than anything else. It depends on whether you apply the signal to the rig's mike connector or to any auxiliary connector on the back.

Sound cards typically have 1 volt peak output on line out jack which can be controlled by the Microsoft audio control panel or similar for other operating systems. If you are using a commercially made interface box or a homemade one, they usually have a level control on the front panel as well. If you are going straight from the sound card to the rig, you may need a resistor attenuator in line.