Old August 23rd 03, 06:44 PM
Au Contraire

Default This NG -- The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

"Master of the universe and supreme ruler of all living beings (and I have
permission to be so from ny wife)" WROTE:
Traditionally radio amateurs with more experience would help those with
less. No ridicule. No begging. No temper tantrums.
So what has happened? Or is it just this british newgroup?
BR MOTU

Nope -- the NG's over here in the USA have also been invaded with the
lawless, the renegades, the profane, the angry, with numerous personal
attacks, political agendas, condescending attacks on lower license Hams, and
incredible Off Topic junk. Some just keep beating up on their adversaries
over and over again for YEARS -- wish they would just quit it and send
personal e-mail. But guess they want the world to see their sputterings.

When a forum is free and unmoderated -- the 0.0001 % junkies of the world
invade it. Fortunately mostly -- the subject tells the content -- so just
ignore those posts. But in all news groups -- some people keep a subject
such as VSWR and change the content so it has nothing to do with VSWR.

OH well it is free and some good stuff comes out of it all.

If you read the NG's for a while -- you will know who the 0.0001% are -- and
you can filter em out or just plain ignore them.

Unfortunately, many of the 99.9999% of the decent hams don't bother with the
NG's

So on NG's -- here you will find the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

This ought to stir up a hornets nest from the Bad and Ugly -- flame away
chaps.

"Master of the universe and supreme ruler of all living beings (and I have
permission to be so from ny wife)" wrote in
message ...
Hi all,

Interesting that this particular hamradio newsgroup is so full of anger.
People are slagging off each other and poking each-other in the eyes all

the
time. What ever happened to the "spirit of amateur radio" where all are
equal? In the 60's I was told that Brian Rix, Prince Charles and Tony
Higginbottom were all radio amateurs. I believe that Brian Rix is dead,
Prince Charles is still a ham, but now the patron of UK hamradio. Tony

never
did manage to keep a job and the last I heard he was the doorman at a

cheap
London.

But the point is that they all used the wireless sets and talked to others
as equals. No-one looked down on Tony and called him a "lesser-class

idiot"
because he was low socially. Charles was never refered to a "your

highness".
Today when I look at the posting on this newsgroup I see people regarding
present, or ex, CBers as lower class radio amateurs. G3s sometimes think
themselves of a higher social status when int he presence of M3s.

BULL****!

I still regard everyone as being equal. It matters not whether their exam
contained "Draw an Inverted Hartley oscillator using a triode valve", or
"Which of these four options A, B, C & D is not a letter of the phonetic
alphabet?". It matters not who knows how many dits there are in a dah. I
thought the object of the licence was self education of the licensee in
radio communications, not petty bickering and poking fun at people.

Old August 24th 03, 01:12 AM
Betty Boopski

"Au Contraire" wrote in message
So on NG's -- here you will find the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Here's an example of the "amusing". (..direct from
the 20 Meter Missionary Phone Patch and Bank Wire
Transfer Net)

http://www.geocities.com/pastorjass/