Old November 20th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Up-Date - Redsun RP2100 Radio - Time For A New Set Of "D" Batteries !

* * * Posted on Jun 29, 2006 at 2:49 PM * * *

For One and All,

Received My Redsun RP2100 Radio -and- It looks Great !
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...22147523fd0f8e
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...2402be62bd11fe

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...138d3f25fe34e6

Up-Date - Well after about 5-Months of Daily Radio Listening
for 1-3 Hours-per-Day : It looks like it is time to change the
Four (4) "D" Batteries in the Radio )

Do-the-Math - Five (5) Months is about 150 Days multiply that
by 1-3 Hours-per-Day = 150 to 450 Hours per set of "D" Batteries.

Redsun RP2100 / RP2000 Radio Owner's Group -for-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redsun...-rp2000-radio/
- Help
- Information
- News
- Ask Questions
- Get Answers
- and a lot more . . .

that's all for now ~ RHF
Old November 21st 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

.

I love mine... just got another, I like it so much. BTW, I got the SSB
adapter. Works great.

Rich

Old November 21st 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

"RHF" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/.../msg/fc2214752...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/.../msg/782402be6...

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/.../msg/9d138d3f2...

Up-Date - Well after about 5-Months of Daily Radio Listening
for 1-3 Hours-per-Day : It looks like it is time to change the
Four (4) "D" Batteries in the Radio )

Do-the-Math - Five (5) Months is about 150 Days multiply that
by 1-3 Hours-per-Day = 150 to 450 Hours per set of "D" Batteries.

Redsun RP2100 / RP2000 Radio Owner's Group -for-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redsun...-rp2000-radio/
- Help
- Information
- News
- Ask Questions
- Get Answers
- and a lot more . . .

that's all for now ~ RHF
.

- I love mine... just got another, I like it so much. BTW,
- I got the SSB adapter. Works great.
- Rich

Tell me more about the SSB Adapter for the
Redsun RP2100 AM/FM Shortwave Radio ? ? ~ RHF
Old November 21st 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote
.
. .Have any of the knobs fallen off, yet ?

Did it succumb to amnesia, yet?

Old November 21st 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tell me more about the SSB Adapter for the
Redsun RP2100 AM/FM Shortwave Radio ? ? ~ RHF
.

Here is the Ebay link for tquchina: http://tinyurl.com/y9rfrp . This links
to the store so it won't expire. Browse for the TG37 adapter.

It runs on 4 AA's, plugs in to the IF out on the radio, and works like a
generic BFO control. To use it you power it on, tune your signal and adjust
the control. That's about it.

It has rubber feet that you don't see in the picture. I put velcro dots on
the feet and mounted the board to the back of the radio.

Rich

Old November 21st 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote

Tell me more about the SSB Adapter for the
Redsun RP2100 AM/FM Shortwave Radio ? ? ~ RHF
.

$150 at your local Sony dealer.

Old November 21st 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dorpmuller wrote:
Tell me more about the SSB Adapter for the
Redsun RP2100 AM/FM Shortwave Radio ? ? ~ RHF
.

Here is the Ebay link for tquchina: http://tinyurl.com/y9rfrp . This links
to the store so it won't expire. Browse for the TG37 adapter.

It runs on 4 AA's, plugs in to the IF out on the radio, and works like a
generic BFO control. To use it you power it on, tune your signal and adjust
the control. That's about it.

It has rubber feet that you don't see in the picture. I put velcro dots on
the feet and mounted the board to the back of the radio.

Rich

If I understand that setup correctly, for the 2100 to decode ssb
signals a separate outboard adaptor that uses 4 aa batteries is needed.
This feature does not integrate well with the radio and is little more
than an afterthought. Personally, if I were looking for a shortwave
radio with ssb capability I would find one that had the feature
built-in, or wait for the replacement for the 2100 which I believe has
ssb.

In the 1980's we took the lowly Radio Shack CoCo and turned it into a
real computer by hanging all sorts of things on it like an RF
modulator, tape cassete drive, extra memory, faster clock, and external
modem. This Redsun outboard ssb adaptor is comparable in a sense to
the RF adaptor I built to allow the CoCo to run a real monitor.

I'm afraid this is yet another radio from china that shows promise, but
suffers from a design that was not well thought out.

Old November 21st 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The upcoming radio is the RP-3000... not due 'till mid 2007 is what I was
told. Didn't wanna wait so I had to try the adapter. For ~$18 what the hell.
This is a radio for program listening anyway and a great MW DX unit.

Rich

oups.com...