Old March 5th 05, 11:33 PM
Kenneth Opskar

Default antenna high above ground

I wonder abt antenna high. How do we count the antenna high? Is it
referenced from the ground, or the roof of a building. Say I put a 3 el yagi
on a mast connected to my roof, apx 5 meters above ground. Does the distance
from the roof to the ground count, or do I have to put it up another 1/2
wave from the roof top ? Any experience?

Regards
Ken

Old March 5th 05, 11:46 PM
nick smith

Do you mean "height" ?

If so, it's height above ground that counts for propagation purposes. However
it would also be important to site the antenna well above the roof as well to
avoid interaction from the roof - all height helps !

I assume you are putting up a 10 metre 3 ele beam ?

Nick

"Kenneth Opskar" wrote in message
I wonder abt antenna high. How do we count the antenna high? Is it
referenced from the ground, or the roof of a building. Say I put a 3 el yagi
on a mast connected to my roof, apx 5 meters above ground. Does the distance
from the roof to the ground count, or do I have to put it up another 1/2
wave from the roof top ? Any experience?

Regards
Ken

FS: sma-to-bnc custom fit rubber covered antenna adapter Stephen G. Gulyas Scanner 17 December 7th 04 07:42 PM
Base Antenna Mounting Zeeeeeeee3 CB 110 February 23rd 04 04:55 AM
Grounding Rod Alan J Giddings Shortwave 21 January 21st 04 11:10 PM
Balun JJ Shortwave 43 August 7th 03 07:21 PM