Old January 31st 07, 11:06 PM posted to sci.electronics.components,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default MC1350 IC's

I have a bunch (50?) of MC1350's

I think they are 45 MHZ TV IF Amps.

anybody need some?

.. .

Old February 1st 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jan 31, 4:06 pm, wrote:
I have a bunch (50?) of MC1350's

I think they are 45 MHZ TV IF Amps.

anybody need some?

I'm interested in a half-dozen or so. Please forward details to
.

Thanks,

--KK

P.S. Tried to reply privately, but your e-mail address came back as
malformed, etc...

Old February 1st 07, 04:25 PM posted to sci.electronics.components,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a bunch (50?) of MC1350's

I think they are 45 MHZ TV IF Amps.

anybody need some?

. .

The data sheet hints at DC to 58MHz, interesting little chip with Gilbert
cell AGC and differential inputs and outputs that can also be used in single
ended configuration.

Since I started scrapping old F/H 5-1/4 hard drives that were laying about
and forgotten I've found that some of these use this chip, I've liberated a
few so far.

Old February 2nd 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jan 31, 7:26?pm, wrote:
On Jan 31, 4:06 pm, wrote:

I have a bunch (50?) of MC1350's

I think they are 45 MHZ TV IF Amps.

anybody need some?

I'm interested in a half-dozen or so. Please forward details to
.

Thanks,

MC1350s are still being produced (!) and can be bought
from Jameco...www.jameco.com...$1.95 each, $1.85
quantities of 10. Jameco's catalog 271 has them as
"audio amplifiers" :-)

Those are the plastic-packaged offspring of the original
Motorola MC1590, intended for any sort of RF amplifier-
with-DC-gain-control from low AF on up to 70, 80 MHz.
Differential input, differential output, gain control to
beyond 50 db, very good constant input impedance on
each input side. Open-collector on output so there is
good flexibility in its load configuration. Turns out they
also make good limiters.

Old February 4th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Feb 2, 4:40�pm, ken scharf wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 31, 7:26?pm, wrote:
On Jan 31, 4:06 pm, wrote:

[...]

*

There was also the MC1351 which was a 'hotter'chip with more gain

...and the MC1349. But, Lansdale bought the rights and
production "rubyliths" to the 1350 and either ON Semi
or Freescale (the splits of old Motorola Semi) indicate
they are still production items.

The 1590-1350 and variants are output-open-collector,
therefore their individual stage gain is a function of the
load impedance. You can get an easy, stable, wide-
band gain of 30 db plus, all the way out to 60 MHz.
Input impedance is a constant 5 K in parallel with 5
pFd each input, easy to deal with since it isn't that
sensitive to output loads.

Old February 9th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I have a small quantity MC1350's that I could sell. How about $2.00
USD each + shipping.

Curt, K8AI