Old June 9th 12, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

justme wrote:
I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

Hi,

I want to get back on the air by seeing if I can fix a trashed or
non-working Icom h.f. radio.

Has to be cheap.

Thank you.

W5BRY

EMAIL:

Good luck! I had a 745 until the late 90s. I loved that radio. Wore
the heck out of it but it reached the point to where it was like an old
car. Always needed some tinkering.

I live in the Caribbean so the environment was a big factor. Cleaning
cards and sockets and plugs became routine every time I wanted to use
it. No major failures (it got new finals and a new ROM board in the
early 90s).

Wish I could get another new one like it these days!

I was surprised to get $180 as-is out of it on ebay with a pockmarked
front panel.

-Bill
Old June 10th 12, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hey, Bill.

Where in the Caribbean are you? My wife is from Antigua. W.I.