Old May 29th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default PRO-97 Signal Stalker feature not working

Hi all. I recently purchased a Radio Shack PRO-97 handheld scanner. I
have been VERY pleased with it except for the "Signal Stalker II." It
simply doesn't detect anything. I have walked very near known
transmission sources (ie, baby monitors in 900MHz band) and it the
scanner does not stop on the frequency. The only thing I can get it to
stop on is a GRMS walkie-talkie when it's right next to it. I have
read MANY posts on the Internet where people have this exact same
problem but I have never read a solution.l About half the posts say,
"It works great," and about half say, "Signal Stalker does nothing for
me." Do any of you have any thoughts on the matter?

I'm wondering if Signal Stalker even scans in the 900MHz range even
though the radio itself supports it. I ask that because when I watch
the display scan through the frequencies in Signal Stalker mode,
nothing in the 900 MHz range appears. I DESPERATELY want this feature.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Respectfully,

Matthew Connor
South Carolina
Old September 1st 16, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Welcome to the club. Got a pro 668 ans stalker does work. Radio SUX!
Old March 22nd 20, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Just like scanning banks of channels, the Signal Stalker has bands you have to enable by pressing the the number keys while its searching

Signal Stalker Jim Scanner 3 May 15th 07 03:07 AM
Pro 97 Signal Stalker???? Tom Hughes Scanner 3 December 9th 05 02:00 PM
FA: Radio Shack Pro 83 Signal Stalker - No Reserve! Rick Kempe Scanner 0 September 2nd 05 06:06 PM
Anyone experience with "Channel Stalker" feature on Pro83 ? Andy100 Scanner 7 August 3rd 05 04:14 PM
Signal Stalker? DeWayne Scanner 9 October 30th 04 01:59 PM