Old December 15th 16, 10:37 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 15 December 2016

RadioInsight

WOKV Names Nick Figueredo As Director of Branding/Programming

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ngprogramming/

Cox Media Group News/Talk 104.5 WOKV-FM/690 WOKV Jacksonville FL has named
Nick Figueredo as its Director of Branding and Programming.

Figueredo joins WOKV from sister 96.5 WDBO-FM Orlando where he has spent
his entire seven year radio career starting as an intern and most recently
as Assistant Program Director. He replaces Aaron Schachter, who was
promoted to Director of Digital Content for Cox Media Jacksonville in
September.

Cox Media Group (CMG) Jacksonville Radio has named Nick Figueredo Nick
Figueredo as Director of Branding and Programming for News 104.5 WOKV,
effective immediately.

“After working closely with Nick over the past three months as we
interviewed for the position, it became very apparent that he has the
passion, vision and leadership to take News 104.5 WOKV to even greater
ratings success,” said Todd Shannon, CMG Jacksonville Radio’s Director of
Operations.

Figueredo has worked for CMG Orlando for the past seven years and was most
recently the Assistant Director of Branding and Programming for News 96.5
WDBO.

“Im very excited and thankful for the amazing opportunity

to be the Director of Branding and Programming for News 104.5

WOKV,” said Figueredo. “From the day I was hired at News 96.5 WDBO in
Orlando, I knew my future was with CMG, and now Im taking the next step in
my career. I owe a great deal of credit to Drew Anderssen for his
leadership and mentoring during my time at WDBO, as well as CMG Executive
VP of Radio Bill Hendrich, Regional VP of Jacksonville and Orlando Radio
Susan Larkin, CMG’s VP of Radio Programming Steve Smith, WOKV’s News
Director Rich Jones, and Todd Shannon for believing in me and giving me the
chance to prove myself!”

Fresh 102.7 New York To Debut New Morning & Afternoon Shows

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ternoon-shows/

CBS Hot AC Fresh 102.7 WNEW-FM New York will debut new morning and
afternoon shows on Tuesday, January 3.

Former 106.1 WBLI Patchouge/Long Island morning co-host Jeffrey Jameson
will join incumbent Karen Carson for mornings as Cane slides from mornings
to afternoons. Cane fills the vacancy created by Trey Morgans departure for
mornings at Cumulus Country 99.5 KPLX Dallas in October. Cane is best known
for his long run in the market at 92.3 K-Rock WXRK and his VH1 hosting gigs.

Christine Richie remains in middays and Matt Sneed at night.

Fresh 102.7 (WNEW-FM) is unveiling new morning and afternoon shows on the
station. Beginning Tuesday, January 3, Jeffrey Jameson joins Karen Carson
as co-host of the morning program airing weekdays from 6:00AM-10:00AM.
Former morning show host, Cane, is now hosting the afternoon show solo,
weekdays from 3:00PM-7:00PM.

“Now more than ever, the personalities contribute to the local sound, music
and feel of the station,” said Jim Ryan, Senior Vice President,
Programming, CBS RADIO New York. “With exciting and talented hosts like
Karen and Jeffrey in the morning and Cane in the afternoon, we are thrilled
to give our loyal New York listeners and clients more fun and music every
day.”

Added Jameson, “I have unending gratitude for everyone at CBS RADIO New
York for making my dream a reality. Im ecstatic to be working with the
powerhouse that is Jim Ryan and incredibly excited to be collaborating with
the extraordinary talent of Karen Carson.”

The complete FRESH schedule can be found below:

· 6:00AM – 10:00AM: Karen Carson Jeffrey Jameson

· 10:00AM – 3:00PM: Christine Richie

· 3:00PM – 7:00PM: Cane

· 7:00PM – 12:00Midnight: Matt Sneed

Jameson was formerly the host of the syndicated morning show, Dana Jeffrey
in the Morning and worked as a Creative Consultant for many morning shows
in the top 10 markets.

In addition to his career in radio, Jameson has appeared on several
primetime television network series, performed at Carolines on Broadway,
written and performed his own one man off-Broadway show and opened for
Sandra Bernhards live show, I Love Being Me, Dont You? He is a style
writer for Us Weekly and has hosted live events for Saks Fifth Avenue,
Parlor and Macys.

Cane joined Fresh 102.7 in 2014 as a weekend host. Previously, he worked at
a variety of stations in the New York area, including WXRK and WHTZ.

Kool Launch Coming To Flagler County FL

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ler-county-fl/

Flagler Broadcasting is using the holiday period to reboot Soft Oldies Easy
Oldies 100.9 W265CF Palm Coast/WBHQ-HD3 Beverly Beach FL.

W265CF will relaunch on Tuesday, December 26 as Kool 100.9 with a broader
music library. The new format will focus on hits from the 60s through the
80s.

Sean Ross: First listen: Radio Garden, a world of radio exotica

https://media.info/radio/review/firs...-radio-exotica

FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler Announces Resignation

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...s-resignation/

On the day Donald Trump will be inaugurated in as President, FCC Chairman
Tom Wheeler will step down after three years running the agency.

Wheeler will join fellow Democrat Jessica Rosenworcel in exiting the FCC as
Trumps administration takes over. Rosenworcel will exit on January 3 as her
term expires and congress has not acted on her reconfirmation. The FCC will
have two vacancies with two Republicans and one Democrat remaining. Prior
to joining the FCC in 2013, Wheeler was a partner as Core Capital Partners
and spent a decade as President/CEO of the Cellular Telecommunications and
Internet Association.

Wheeler released the following statement:

“Serving as F.C.C. Chairman during this period of historic technological
change has been the greatest honor of my professional life. I am deeply
grateful to the President for giving me this opportunity. I am especially
thankful to the talented Commission staff for their service and sacrifice
during my tenure. Their achievements have contributed to a thriving
communications sector, where robust investment and world-leading innovation
continue to drive our economy and meaningful improvements in the lives of
the American people. It has been a privilege to work with my fellow
Commissioners to help protect consumers, strengthen public safety and
cybersecurity, and ensure fast, fair and open networks for all Americans.”

Politico: FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler to resign

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...-resign-232676