Old August 21st 04, 06:27 AM
David Thompson

Default More AM Phone DXCC found

In looking thru my QSL files I found two more DXCC countries I have
confirmed on AM phone. I worked YV0D recently and found that I had worked
YV0AA in 1962 on 2 way AM. Then I found my JZ0HA card from 1960 on 2 way
AM. This brings my AM DXCC total to 263. I reported 261 in the past. Now
if I could get a card from FF8AH (later F3VW)...HI I even tried a filled
out reply card just requiring his signature but nothing abiout 15 years ago.
He was then 80 so he is now probably a SK.

Next is to try and get some of the Dxpeditions to switch to AM (many rice
boxes do AM OK). Guess the days of carrying a big AM transmitter are long
past.

73 Dave K4JRB