Old December 22nd 03, 02:53 AM
David

Default Good Small Antenna

Hello there folks wondering if you's could help me please,

I live about 50 meters from the ground in the highest part of glasgow
city-scotland- However i can only manage about an 8-9foot antenna and
im looking for the best one too buy that is good on the 11 meter dx
could someone please help me,

Im not very tech minded so i dont think i could build one sadly, I was
thinking about the sirio dipole that can also be used as single ele
beam do yous think that would work ok from the window of my spare
bedroom? Any suggestions very welcome thanks.
Old December 22nd 03, 03:43 AM
jim

David wrote:
Hello there folks wondering if you's could help me please,

I live about 50 meters from the ground in the highest part of glasgow
city-scotland- However i can only manage about an 8-9foot antenna and
im looking for the best one too buy that is good on the 11 meter dx
could someone please help me,

Im not very tech minded so i dont think i could build one sadly, I was
thinking about the sirio dipole that can also be used as single ele
beam do yous think that would work ok from the window of my spare
bedroom? Any suggestions very welcome thanks.

david try posting this to uk.rec.radio.cb cheers..

Old December 22nd 03, 09:18 PM
Brainbuster

David wrote in message .. .
Hello there folks wondering if you's could help me please,

I live about 50 meters from the ground

Above, or below?
;~)

in the highest part of glasgow
city-scotland- However i can only manage about an 8-9foot antenna and
im looking for the best one too buy that is good on the 11 meter dx
could someone please help me,

Im not very tech minded so i dont think i could build one sadly, I was
thinking about the sirio dipole that can also be used as single ele
beam do yous think that would work ok from the window of my spare
bedroom?

If it suggests alternative ways to use it, then that's fine. Just remember
that you will get out more in one direction.
If you could mount it just to one side of the window, making sure that the
bottom section is not too near a window below you, you may get away with it
and get the better all round performance.

If you can mount outside on a wall, a dipole is a good basic antenna. It
will mount to an outside wall, and is about 9 foot in each direction from
the mounting point. It can be mounted horizontally, although that would not
be as effective, and would make it directional (front + back).

I am assuming you are in a block of flats. Avoid indoor antennas if
possible, but don't go killing yourself in an attempt to get an outdoor one.
If you use a mobile type, with a ground plane, avoid any Fibreglass type -
steel whip types work better.
If you have a loft, you can get a "GP 4" ground plane kit to bolt a mobile
antenna to.

Merry Christmas.

Peter.
(Peak District, England)
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/
http://www.electronics.radiouk.com/

Old December 29th 03, 04:09 PM
Radioman

There ain't no "good small antenna!"
I have 1 9' 1/4 wave ground plane left NOS in the box. E mail me for
price.

Is that the Radio Shaft one? I could use some more pieces.