Old September 4th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Tenna Pyramid Phase III Model PS-12

Good Day All,

I have recently come into possession of a Tenna Pyramid Phase III Model
PS-12 and guess what? It does not work. I am inquiring as to the
availability of a copy of a schematic for this device. If someone could
email me a copy of it, I would be grateful.

Thanks
Bob Emerson

Old September 4th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"BobEmerson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Good Day All,

I have recently come into possession of a Tenna Pyramid Phase III Model
PS-12 and guess what? It does not work. I am inquiring as to the
availability of a copy of a schematic for this device. If someone could
email me a copy of it, I would be grateful.

Thanks
Bob Emerson

Bob,

IF you are lucky - you may find someone that has a schematics for this
model.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astr...ron-index.html

I would suggest that you get a copy of the Astron RS-12 power supply -- it
will be CLOSE.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astr...ron-rs12a.html

Power supply uses the LM723 regulator IC (the most common for linear power
supplies of this type) AND pass transistors for the current handling --
usually 2N3055 or 2N3771.

Here is the 1996 DIY web article that spells out "how they work"
http://www.seits.org/features/pwrsup.htm

Repairing a linear power supply (education, tech sheets, troubleshooting) --
there are over 25 web pages here for any DIY of Astron, Pyramid, TrippLite,
etc.
http://www.kbt-dc-supplies.com/index.php

w9gb

Old September 4th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"g. beat " @spam protected wrote in message
"BobEmerson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Good Day All,

I have recently come into possession of a Tenna Pyramid Phase III Model
PS-12 and guess what? It does not work. I am inquiring as to the
availability of a copy of a schematic for this device. If someone could
email me a copy of it, I would be grateful.

Thanks
Bob Emerson

Bob,

BTW, the LM723 will likely be soldered to the regulator PC board inside of
the Pyramid.

1. Carefully desolder the part (solder wick works best). NOTE, the
orientation of pin 1 on the PC board. The IC should have a notch for that
side OR a dot above pin 1 on the plastic top molding.
Dave Metz discusses this in the article -- I bookmarked in earlier message
for you (read this)

2. When you working with the LM723 regulator IC assure the large
electrolytic capacitors are DISCHARGED before removing OR inserting in the
socket (good way to destroy a perfectly good LM723).

Greg

Old September 4th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

g. beat wrote:
[...]

Sir,

Thank you for the answers. I'm in the process of reading all the
material and trying to make sense of it all. Thanks again

Old September 11th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

You are one lucky guy today Bob. I have a copy the Pyramid Power
Supply already scanned in. I've fixed one or two in my day. The diagram
might be of a slightly different model/size but you can easily use it
to fix your same type supply.

I'll email a copy of my pdf scan to your email address below. If you
don't receive it (about 1MB file size) drop me a note direct at the
email links found on the web page.
www.radiowrench.com/sonic

good luck with your repairs...

skipp

Old March 26th 16, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sunday, September 3, 2006 at 7:02:53 PM UTC-4, BobEmerson wrote:
Good Day All,

I have recently come into possession of a Tenna Pyramid Phase III Model
PS-12 and guess what? It does not work. I am inquiring as to the
availability of a copy of a schematic for this device. If someone could
email me a copy of it, I would be grateful.

Thanks
Bob Emerson

I could use a copy too ,mine does't work either. 313 715 3929, Bill Thanks

Old November 25th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 11:42:40 +0000, highlandham wrote:
On Sunday, September 3, 2006 at 7:02:53 PM UTC-4, BobEmerson wrote:
Good Day All,

I have recently come into possession of a Tenna Pyramid Phase III Model
PS-12 and guess what? It does not work. I am inquiring as to the
availability of a copy of a schematic for this device. If someone could
email me a copy of it, I would be grateful.

Thanks
Bob Emerson

Never heard of this device , what is it(an antenna matching unit?) and
what do you want to use it for .

Why are you trying to talk to someone who *last spoke 10 years ago?*