Old August 26th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Long Range AM-FM Automobile Antenna

On Aug 25, 11:03 pm, "J&D Schnoor" wrote:
Hopefully this isn't deemed too far off topic for this newsgroup. I am
looking to improve the AM-FM broadcast reception on my 1995 Chevrolet
Silverado pick-up. I have done some searching here for similar posts and
the ones that I have found refer to both Crutchfield and C Crane. I am
familiar with both companies, but I can't see any long range automobile
AM-FM antennas listed. Does anyone here have much experience with this?
Can I expect to vastly improve my AM-FM range with a better antenna or are
they all going to be pretty much alike?

Does your car use a whip or window antenna. If it uses a window
antenna then the omni-directional whip antenna might make a
difference. But don't over-pay for one - just get one from Pep Boys.

Old August 26th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It does have an OEM cowl mount antenna.

Old August 26th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

J&D Schnoor wrote:

It does have an OEM cowl mount antenna.

I once had a Dodge Dakota with a cowl mount antenna. Reception was improved
greatly by replacing that antenna with one that was 4' long with a spring at the
bottom. Not much extra length, but I was surprised how much AM reception was
improved.

I still have the antenna, but alas, not the Dakota, which was totalled on
8/23/03.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 26th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com Chrysler Engineering

Most people don't know it, but Chrysler (Chrysler,Dodge,Plymouth,De
Soto,Imperial) has the best auto Engineering and auto Technology in in
the World.
cuhulin

Old August 26th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 26, 10:24 am, "J&D Schnoor" wrote:
It does have an OEM cowl mount antenna.

If you are having reception problems I would first check all
connections including grounding very closely. From personal
experience a bad connection can be not apparent and yet cause local
radio stations to become dx targets.

Old August 26th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ish Ish is offline

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:31:16 -0500, wrote:

www.devilfinder.com Chrysler Engineering

Most people don't know it, but Chrysler (Chrysler,Dodge,Plymouth,De
Soto,Imperial) has the best auto Engineering and auto Technology in in
the World.
cuhulin

DeSoto??? Not since the late 50's!

Remember the keys? PD
CD

iSH
Old August 26th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 26, 9:14 am, Roadie wrote:
On Aug 26, 10:24 am, "J&D Schnoor" wrote:

It does have an OEM cowl mount antenna.

If you are having reception problems I would first check all
connections including grounding very closely. From personal
experience a bad connection can be not apparent and yet cause local
radio stations to become dx targets.

Good Point Roadie - Check the Antenna Connections
at the Radio; and make sure that the Antenna itself is
secure to the Auto's Body.
Old August 26th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DESOTO AUTO DEMISE

"Ish" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:31:16 -0500, wrote:

www.devilfinder.com Chrysler Engineering

Most people don't know it, but Chrysler (Chrysler,Dodge,Plymouth,De
Soto,Imperial) has the best auto Engineering and auto Technology in in
the World.
cuhulin

DeSoto??? Not since the late 50's!

Remember the keys? PD
CD

iSH

WIKIPEDIA SEZ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeSoto_%28automobile%29

"The final decision to discontinue DeSoto was announced on November 30,
1960, just forty-seven days after the 1961 models were introduced

At the time, Chrysler warehouses contained several million dollars in 1961
DeSoto parts, so the company ramped up production in order to use up the
stock."

1961 DESOTO JPEG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ImageeSoto1961.jpg

LAMONT

Old August 26th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 26, 7:56 am, dxAce wrote:
J&D Schnoor wrote:
It does have an OEM cowl mount antenna.

I once had a Dodge Dakota with a cowl mount antenna. Reception was improved
greatly by replacing that antenna with one that was 4' long with a spring at the
bottom. Not much extra length, but I was surprised how much AM reception was
improved.

I still have the antenna, but alas, not the Dakota, which was totalled on
8/23/03.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Totaled in 8/23/03 - Glad to see that you survived DX Ace. ~ RHF

About the Auto AM/FM Antennas with the Spring at the Bottom
and the Copper Coil at the Top.
http://www.excauto.com/Antennas-AM_F...r_Booster.html
- - - Details : AM/FM Booster Coil Antenna + Flexible Spring Mount

I have never had much luck with them except on a VW Karmen Ghia.

J&D -Read- Car Radio Reception -by- Carlos of C. Crane Co.
http://www.ccrane.com/library/car-ra....10.28.02.aspx
http://www.ccrane.com/library/car-ra....11.11.02.aspx

Another item to try is an AM & FM Signal Booster
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQitemZ300144725032
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...010102/c-10101

~ RHF
Old August 26th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 26, 11:50 am, "The Shadow" wrote:
"Ish" wrote in message

[...]

LAMONT- Hide quoted text -

DeSotos - There Were Beasts ~ RHF