Old June 1st 04, 01:39 AM
Nc183d

Default Expensive SX28A for sale on B/A classifieds....

There is an SX28A for sale on the B/A classifieds asking $500.00.
Did these go up in value? Mine is in great shape and I always thought it was
only worth $250.00.
rgds,
Mark S.
Old June 1st 04, 02:00 AM
Uncle Peter

"Nc183d" wrote in message
There is an SX28A for sale on the B/A classifieds asking $500.00.
Did these go up in value? Mine is in great shape and I always thought it

was
only worth $250.00.
rgds,
Mark S.

I'd guess condition is the governing factor. Chrome on cabinet, radio
front
panel.. And, has it been fully restored? If someone brought one to me for
restoration, the bill would be at least $350.00 for labor, including
replacing
wax caps and electrolytics. A full week's work involved in one of those.

Pete

Old June 1st 04, 05:48 AM

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 01:00:01 UTC, " Uncle Peter"
wrote:

"Nc183d" wrote in message
There is an SX28A for sale on the B/A classifieds asking $500.00.
Did these go up in value? Mine is in great shape and I always thought it

was
only worth $250.00.
rgds,
Mark S.

I'd guess condition is the governing factor. Chrome on cabinet, radio
front
panel.. And, has it been fully restored? If someone brought one to me for
restoration, the bill would be at least $350.00 for labor, including
replacing
wax caps and electrolytics. A full week's work involved in one of those.

Pete

At a 35 hour week, that's $10/hour. Gotta be a labor of love.

But about the SX-28A. Prices of everything are all over the place.

I've see some SX-100's going for over $1,000. But then, one
just went for about $300.

And SX-88's, one went for $7,700 but others don't make half that.

At the recent Howard county hamfest, there were two SB-303's. A
very nice one with all three filters, build manual, and the all
important powercord was $100. About 100 feet away, another SB-303,
not as nice, only two filters, SSB and CW, was $225.

There is no pattern.

de ah6gi/4 see my heathkit page, www.kiyoinc.com/heathstuff.html