Old November 21st 03, 09:46 PM
zindazenda

Default vhf pcb stripline swr plans wanted.

In particular looking for dia/pcb layout, or the dimensions of, the sense
head...ie of the strip lines, so that i can make swr meter..looking for
compact design, to take about 200w max. someone must have some/point me to
some plans..(save me having to think..)the rest is made, going to use it for
swr protect on an amp, so when i knock the antenna off my van again i dont
blow up $100 worth of transistors!!! moral here..slow down for low
bridges..

thanks g0zen

Old November 22nd 03, 07:43 PM
Robert Offer

Hi
There are a couple of useful items in an article in "The VHF/UHF DX Book" -
edited by Ian White G3SEK Which look as if one or the other might suit your
application - one strip line, the other co-ax.
Section in the book is "Test Gear & Station Accessories - Impedance & VSWR
Measurement" - A gold mine of information!
Hope this helps
Bob
G1ZJP

--
Protected by Norton Anti Virus and Norton Internet Securities 2003
Watch out for the SPAM traps.

Old November 23rd 03, 03:38 AM
zindazenda

yes i have read the book..the pcb version is not really up to it, but along
with harry's one has given me a starter..quite easy really, just wondering
if they will take the power i am using.still one way to find out!!just need
to make the stripline small enough to fit in the amp and still have it
working and not burning out..

simon

Old August 27th 10, 07:58 PM
Junior Member

Location: South Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zindazenda View Post
In particular looking for dia/pcb layout, or the dimensions of, the sense
head...ie of the strip lines, so that i can make swr meter..looking for
compact design, to take about 200w max. someone must have some/point me to
some plans..(save me having to think..)the rest is made, going to use it for
swr protect on an amp, so when i knock the antenna off my van again i dont
blow up $100 worth of transistors!!! moral here..slow down for low
bridges..

thanks g0zen
Technically, most SWR pickups are made from MICROstriplines because they usually have only one ground plane.
http://vk5ajl.com/projects/SWRMeter.php
Provided the pickups microstriplines are 1 mm or bigger they will handle Kilowatts. There is no problem with laying an extra piece of copper wire along the central microstripline to allow more current.