Old October 9th 03, 09:13 PM
Michael Ko

Default Icom T2H ANI Mode

Anyone tried programming Icom 2m HT T2H Sport or T2A to use the ANI
mode? (Automatic Number Identification) Not sure whether ANI mode is
suitable for ham operation, but just want to test the radio as it
stated ANI mode very clearly in the user manual.

According to the user manual page 33:
http://www.icomamerica.com/support/manuals/ic-t2h.pdf
You need to have CS-T2 clone software to turn the ANI mode on. I have
two Icom T2H I bought from HRO in September 2003 ($89 each, free
shipping, not bad!), OPC-478, and clone software CST2.

I have tried and turned out to be "ANI mode not available" for both
brand new radios. The CST2 clone software displayed that message.
Called Icom, support person walked me through CST2 clone software,
making sure doing the right steps. Then he told me to send the radio
in for testing whether they have changed the CPU or not.

Any advice will be appreciated. BTW, Icom T2H is a nice radio; I got
a good report on repeater 13 miles away with mobile antenna.
Old October 10th 03, 02:20 AM
Gary P. Fiber

On 9 Oct 2003 13:13:41 -0700, (Michael Ko) wrote:

[...]

Is the CST-2 software the original " DOS " Icom software. Its the only
software I am aware of that will allow you to program the ANI mode.
Look at the IC-T2 on the icomamerica.com web site then go to the
software. The photo of the monitor shows the original " DOS " Icom
software.

I don't think the windows version from RT Systems will do ANI mode
programming on the IC-T2. You might give Icom's tech support another
call and ask them to check that out.

Gary K8IZ

Gary K8IZ
Washington State Resident
Registered Linux User # 312991

Old October 10th 03, 07:32 AM
Michael Ko

Gary P. Fiber wrote in message . ..
On 9 Oct 2003 13:13:41 -0700, (Michael Ko) wrote:

Anyone tried programming Icom 2m HT T2H Sport or T2A to use the ANI
mode? (Automatic Number Identification) Not sure whether ANI mode is

Is the CST-2 software the original " DOS " Icom software. Its the only
software I am aware of that will allow you to program the ANI mode.
Look at the IC-T2 on the icomamerica.com web site then go to the
software. The photo of the monitor shows the original " DOS " Icom
software.

I don't think the windows version from RT Systems will do ANI mode
programming on the IC-T2. You might give Icom's tech support another
call and ask them to check that out.

Gary K8IZ

Gary K8IZ
Washington State Resident
Registered Linux User # 312991

Thanks, Gary,

Yes, the CS-T2 is the original "DOS" Icom software dated 1996. Not
the RT system. As matter of fact, I bought RT system's CSW-HH4 after
I have no luck with CS-T2. You are right, CSW-HH4 does not offer ANI
mode at all.

May I ask if you used CS-T2 before, is CS-T2 pretty staright forward
to setup the T2H without any problem? I am able to setup all the ANI
setting and turn the indicate mode to "DTMF ANI" in the program. But
when I trying to save the setting to the radio, the CS-T2 indicates
the radio does not have ANI mode. "Information" query to the radio
returns same result. The thing that puzzle me is the user manual
indicate ANI mode is with the radio, not an "option" which may have to
purchase a board or something. I also asked Icom support is there any
secretary key combination to turn ANI mode on or off? But he said no
such combination for ANI mode. He suspected the radio I have may have
a different CPU. I will try to call Icom again.

Thanks,
Michael KC8YJK

Old October 11th 03, 05:57 AM
Gary P. Fiber

On 9 Oct 2003 23:32:41 -0700, (Michael Ko) wrote:

Gary P. Fiber wrote in message . ..
On 9 Oct 2003 13:13:41 -0700,
(Michael Ko) wrote:

[...]

I used to work at Icom,been away for over 2 years now. I have used the
CS-T2. BUT I am not aware of any CPU change that would leave out the
ANI mode. I do not remember any optional board requirements for the
ANI mode only the CS-T2 software was required to enable that mode.
It might be there was something more desired in the T2 so the factory
made such a change. Yes maybe another call to Icom for clarification
of the possible trouble would be in order.

In past years a cpu change happened on the 2SAT and 24AT for offset
tuning around serial 9500. The original offset tuning step was
limited to 25 khz steps and we complained so the factory changed to a
cpu that allowed tuning steps of 5 khz which was better for odd offset
repeaters and MARS operations.

Old October 15th 03, 04:57 PM
Michael Ko

[...]

Update:
Called Icom again on 10/14. I told Icom support (different person)
that I have problem programming ANI mode into my Icom T2H. He
mentioned that T2H is an amateur radio, it should not have ANI mode.
But after checked on the manual, he agreed that it has ANI mode. And
again he walked me through the CST2 in the Common screen. I think we
all doing the correct setting "DTMF/ANI Mode" etc. He told me he will
check it up and call me back.

I will post the final result here for anyone who is interested in Icom
T2H ANI mode.

Michael KC8YJK

Old October 23rd 03, 07:59 PM
Michael Ko

I got final result from Icom tech support:

According to Icom, T2H model, specific in US market does not offer ANI
mode. They have tried T2H in their site and confirmed that ANI mode
is not available in T2H. Reason is unknown. They said it could be
some reasons that Icom disable ANI mode in those radio, and there are
no way to reverse that.

Michael, KC8YJK

Mode for Best Throughput? Andy Knitt Digital 22 November 7th 03 02:31 AM
Mode for Best Throughput? Andy Knitt Digital 0 November 5th 03 03:56 AM
WTB Icom IC-245 NI4K Boatanchors 0 October 29th 03 10:39 PM
"Remote Base" operation with Icom IC-2720H Paul Ryan Equipment 2 September 8th 03 09:49 PM
"Remote Base" operation with Icom IC-2720H Paul Ryan Equipment 0 September 8th 03 08:52 PM