Old May 9th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.basics,sci.astro.amateur

Default SolderSmoke #21

SolderSmoke!
A SHOW FOR ELECTRONICS HOMEBREWERS!

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/219981

Topics discussed in SolderSmoke #21:

-- Mike's new 80 meter homebrew rig
-- PSK 80 Warbler
-- Balanced modulator's: K2's '602 circuit
-- Bill's direct conversion receiver -- sweet sound
-- Verticals, slinkies, Bill's London antenna woes
-- Barbados receivers
-- Voodoo and RF amplifier construction
-- Tiddly-Wiki, VMWare, AFUKnoppix
-- Low Pass Filters
-- Barcelona SolderSmoke video
-- Telescopes & First Light for QRP rigs
-- MAILBAG: Alan, W2AEW; Nigel, M0NDE

Listen at: http://www.ourmedia.org/node/219981
Background:
Tired of listening to Led Zepplin or NPR on your
I-Pod? Wouldn't you like to be able to carry with
you the kinds of ham radio conversations that you
listen to while in your radio shack?
Mike, KL7R, in Juneau, Alaska, and Bill, M0HBR, in
London, England meet regularly on the ECHOLINK system
to discuss their homebrew radio projects. We are
making them available as PODCASTS.

You can subscribe to the program, have them downloaded
to your MP-3 player, and listen to them at your
convenience. To subscribe, just cut and paste this URL
into your I-poder (or similar) software. (There have
been some problems with this subscription URL.)

http://www.ourmedia.org/user/36170

If you don't have an MP3 player you can just go to the
site below and listen to the latest program (and
earlier editions) using the audio software on your
computer.

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/219981

Here's the homepage for our show. All our programs
are available here. There is also a blog and links
to some of the sites and documents we've been
discussing: http://www.ourmedia.org/user/36170

We hope you enjoy the program. Please send us
feedback.

73 from London
Bill M0HBR N2CQR CU2JL
http://www.gadgeteer.us