Old June 23rd 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

Default 80m/160m trap dipole

Thank You all for the replies.
Ian, what you haved written is what I am trying to do. I have an 80m
dipole up at the moment that needs to be relocated.
I thought I might as well put it up where I could put some 80m traps
inline and extend it for 160m. I haven't got enough room for a half
wave 160m dipole, but I could possibly squeeze in an 80/160m trapped
dipole, depending on how much extra length (with the 80m traps) I need
to add to get it to resonate on 160m. I have since found a drawing for
a 40/80/160m trapped dipole. I will make up the 80m traps from that
plan, add it to my 80m dipole and see how I go.
Cheers
Max

Good for you ! You're building your own. For planning purposes, I
would comment that with my purchased Reyco 75M traps I had to add about
40 feet of wire beyond each trap for resonance around 1900KHz... but of
course this will vary depending on the inductance of YOUR home made
traps. If, during your design process your traps are built with more
inductance vs capacitance, you might be able to shorten the 160M
portions less than mine were. Good luck.

Ed K7AAT

Trap dipole Nate Bargmann Antenna 15 January 10th 07 04:36 AM
FS. trap dipole Brigadoom Swap 0 June 4th 06 07:14 PM
Trap dipole design 160/80m Ken Bessler Antenna 4 October 24th 04 10:33 PM
FA: Trap Dipole & RF Meters Max Antenna 0 February 17th 04 03:55 PM
Trap dipole Bill Antenna 11 August 10th 03 02:57 AM