Old August 15th 05, 10:34 PM
Rich W.

Default Sloper antenna installation?

Will it have any effect, good or bad, if the feed end of a 60 foot sloper
antenna is lower than the opposite end. In order to get 60 feet of length,
I need to raise the antenna elements as they go away from the house. I do
not have enough space in the back yard to do it differently. Should I look
at using a 40 foot sloper instead? Thanks for any information!

Rich W.

Old August 15th 05, 10:57 PM
dxAce

-=jd=- wrote:

On Mon 15 Aug 2005 05:34:32p, "Rich W."
wrote in message
:

Will it have any effect, good or bad, if the feed end of a 60 foot
sloper antenna is lower than the opposite end. In order to get 60 feet
of length, I need to raise the antenna elements as they go away from the
house. I do not have enough space in the back yard to do it
differently. Should I look at using a 40 foot sloper instead? Thanks
for any information!

Rich W.

It will likely work better than the whip or an inside antenna. How difficult
will it be to string it up? If it's not too difficult (or dangerous), just do
it and let us know how it worked. Then if your situation allows it, put up
the 40-foot sloper as well and compare them. You might be surprised!

I'm sure it will still work one way or the other, however, if it's not installed
the way it was meant to be installed it may not work as well as intended.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old August 15th 05, 11:34 PM
RHF

RW,
Old August 16th 05, 05:26 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"Rich W." wrote:

Will it have any effect, good or bad, if the feed end of a 60 foot sloper
antenna is lower than the opposite end. In order to get 60 feet of length,
I need to raise the antenna elements as they go away from the house. I do
not have enough space in the back yard to do it differently. Should I look
at using a 40 foot sloper instead? Thanks for any information!

Many things come into play that determine how an antenna will work. You
always have to work within the constraints of the situation in which you
live. Best bet is to give it a try and if it works out well then you are
set. If not then you will have to try something else.

With a single element antenna ground is important since it is the other
half of it so install at least one ground rod where the antenna starts
out near the ground. Here I'm assuming you are going to use coax from
the radio to where the antenna begins.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California