Old October 2nd 03, 06:56 PM
tomcatgbmi

Default Air band reception

How do I get better air band reception? I can only hear the planes in the air.

Tom
Mt. Morris, MI
check out my Genesee County, Michigan scanner page at geocities.com/tomcat4680
Old October 2nd 03, 10:47 PM
N8KDV

tomcatgbmi wrote:

How do I get better air band reception? I can only hear the planes in the air.

That's pretty normal unless you live near an airport or one of the air trafic
control remote transmitter sites. You are hearing the aircraft from a long ways
away precisely because they are in the air and reception on these frequencies is
generally line of sight.