Old June 29th 04, 10:27 PM
Mike Terry

Default Brother Stair Leaves WBCQ

From: Annotated WBCQ Program Guide
Anomalies and Recent Observations

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Allan tells me that Brother Stair will be leaving WBCQ after
Wednesday, June 30, opening up a lot of airtime on all four services.
The specific blocks that will be available on July 1 a

7415 - 6AM-4PM ET daily
5105 - 6AM-4PM ET daily
5105 - 5PM-6AM ET daily (except for Sunday evenings)
9330 - 8AM-4PM ET daily
17495 - 2PM-5PM ET Monday-Friday
17495 - 8AM-6PM ET Saturday-Sunday

Also found out that the EVM Jewish Radio Network will be cutting down
to one day a week, Wednesdays from 8-9PM ET, effective immediately.

(via John Norfolk, dxldyahoogroups)

Old June 29th 04, 10:52 PM
Diverd4777

- So Thats the old nut been railing away on WBCQ;
I guess his Lawyer bills are higher than the $$$ he rakes in from WBCQ..

Still, dollar in hand, wish in the other..

In article , "Mike Terry"

Subject: Brother Stair Leaves WBCQ
From: "Mike Terry"
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:27:32 +0000 (UTC)

From: Annotated WBCQ Program Guide
Anomalies and Recent Observations

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Old June 30th 04, 01:41 AM
Al Patrick

I heard him mention the other day that he will be cutting back on
several of the stations. I think he said WWCR has already cut him back
several hours on 9475, don't know about the other frequencies. He
sometimes buys up hours that are not otherwise sold - at very reasonable
rates. I guess the station owners figure it's better to get a little
something for the time than to air some public announcement or old
program that they can pick up for free, but which pays nothing. He used
to say they knew they'd get their money from him. Some other
broadcasters are horribly poor at paying their air time bills.

================

Old June 30th 04, 02:11 AM
David Eduardo

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
I heard him mention the other day that he will be cutting back on several
of the stations. I think he said WWCR has already cut him back several
hours on 9475, don't know about the other frequencies. He sometimes buys
up hours that are not otherwise sold - at very reasonable rates. I guess
the station owners figure it's better to get a little something for the
time than to air some public announcement or old program that they can pick
up for free, but which pays nothing. He used to say they knew they'd get
their money from him. Some other broadcasters are horribly poor at paying
their air time bills.

Most paid time stations demand payment well in advance of the show. This is
not a "net 30" proposition.

Old June 30th 04, 04:47 AM
carelessnegroiede

"Diverd4777" wrote in message

- So Thats the old nut been railing away on WBCQ;
I guess his Lawyer bills are higher than the $$$ he rakes in from WBCQ..

Still, dollar in hand, wish in the other..

....in the case of Brother Stair above, it's likely the Dollar
in his pocket or bank account in someone else's name and
in his hand is the "prophet's reward". (just ask any young
negress down on the farm what that is....grin)

Old June 30th 04, 12:41 PM
Frank Dresser

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
. com...

Most paid time stations demand payment well in advance of the show. This

is
not a "net 30" proposition.

Is that also true of the SW stations? It seems to me there has been a large
buildup to transmitting capacity over the last few years WWRB and WBCQ
each have 5 transmitters. WWCR has 4. There are 5 transmitters at
WHRI/WHRA/KHWR. Plus WRMI and all the others. This suggests a possible
transmitter overcapacity and SW station owners may not have much leverage.

Brother Stair claims he's been able to buy air time as low as 7 or 8 dollars
an hour, with the provision that he can be bumped off with no notice. He
says the broadcasters call him up and offer him that deal, simply because he
pays his bills. Dave Frantz solicits programming on the air, and says he
keeps costs down by being on of the SW broadcasters who insist on prepayment
for programming. Given his claimed payment problems with the patriots and
gold bugs, it seems his insistence isn't hard and fast.

Frank Dresser

Old June 30th 04, 12:52 PM
dxAce

Frank Dresser wrote:

[...]

Really have to wonder if there is any 'real' money to be made in SW
broadcasting.

Most (if not all) of the outfits are private so they won't be publishing any
figures.

It would appear that they do get by though, at least to a certain extent.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old June 30th 04, 09:30 PM
LW

dxAce wrote :

It would appear that they do get by though, at least to a certain extent.

Looks like profit Stair gets by OK.

Him and Sister Theresa living in a house trailer there at the "farm".

He must like the perks.

"Young sisters" out behind the barn any time he wants to.

Maybe someday Mr. Davies will give up the pizza business and become a profit.