Old January 14th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default FS: S-40B, S-38, SX-101 Re-Cap Kits

Thanks for looking. I wanted to let the Halli-fans know that we've
started taking orders for complete re-cap kits for various Hallicrafters
rigs. We have not got our web-site updated to reflect this yet, but we
are stocking all variations of the S-38, and are taking orders for the
S-40B, SX-101 variants, SX-110, SX-117, and others.

These kits include brand new multi-section can-caps (except S-38 which
is a tubular) as well as any other electrolytics needed. We also can
supply the kits with Mylar caps to replace the original tubular paper
caps as well.

If you'd like to see what our caps and kits look like, please go to
www.hayseedhamfest.com/capkit.htm . You can contact us from there, or
just reply to this post.

Again, thanks for your time.

73,
Tom NØJMY
NØJMY's Hayseed Hamfest . .

www.hayseedhamfest.com
Old January 21st 09, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default S-40B, S-38, SX-101 Re-Cap Kits

Thanks for prompt service, Tom!
I got the recap kits for the Hallicrafters
S-38 and the Knight T-60 today. The parts
look good, and it's going to be great working
with parts with nice shiny new wire leads instead of the
grey (almost unsolderable) wire on my crusty
junk box parts!
73, Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ
Old January 21st 09, 06:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Lynn wrote:
Thanks for prompt service, Tom!
I got the recap kits for the Hallicrafters S-38 and the Knight T-60
today. The parts
look good, and it's going to be great working
with parts with nice shiny new wire leads instead of the
grey (almost unsolderable) wire on my crusty
junk box parts!
73, Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ

I gather you're not into "restuffing" ?

-ex
Old January 21st 09, 07:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Bill M" wrote in message
Lynn wrote:
Thanks for prompt service, Tom!
I got the recap kits for the Hallicrafters S-38 and the Knight T-60
today. The parts
look good, and it's going to be great working
with parts with nice shiny new wire leads instead of the
grey (almost unsolderable) wire on my crusty
junk box parts!
73, Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ

I gather you're not into "restuffing" ?

-ex

Confess I've never done "restuffing" to get boatanchors
going for fun, but did a bit of it when working for food.
Older marine electronics gear often had "unobtanium"
parts....... relays, vibrators and such where one could use
the original cases for newer guts, and it was really the
only way lots of old stuff could be repaired without
"reinventing the wheel".
12 volt 60hz, 4 pin vibrators were my specialty.
(aided by a glut of 32 volt NOS vibrators) GRIN!
73, Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ (and marine radar tech)

Old January 21st 09, 07:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Lynn wrote:

"Bill M" wrote in message

I gather you're not into "restuffing" ?

-ex

Confess I've never done "restuffing" to get boatanchors
going for fun, but did a bit of it when working for food.
Older marine electronics gear often had "unobtanium"
parts....... relays, vibrators and such where one could use
the original cases for newer guts, and it was really the
only way lots of old stuff could be repaired without
"reinventing the wheel".
12 volt 60hz, 4 pin vibrators were my specialty.
(aided by a glut of 32 volt NOS vibrators) GRIN!
73, Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ (and marine radar tech)

Okay, Old Chief. Those 12 volt *60Hz* vibrators were a scarce thing
back then. Still are.

-Bill

Old January 21st 09, 07:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Bill M" wrote in message
Lynn wrote:

"Bill M" wrote in message

I gather you're not into "restuffing" ?

-ex

Confess I've never done "restuffing" to get boatanchors
going for fun, but did a bit of it when working for food.
Older marine electronics gear often had "unobtanium"
parts....... relays, vibrators and such where one could use
the original cases for newer guts, and it was really the
only way lots of old stuff could be repaired without
"reinventing the wheel".
12 volt 60hz, 4 pin vibrators were my specialty.
(aided by a glut of 32 volt NOS vibrators) GRIN!
73, Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ (and marine radar tech)

Okay, Old Chief. Those 12 volt *60Hz* vibrators were a scarce thing back
then. Still are.

-Bill

Yup, back then, working for food.......... 30 years back?

Kanga kits in UK John Baxter Homebrew 0 February 15th 07 11:59 AM
New old heath kits Mike Freitag Homebrew 2 July 14th 04 12:03 PM
heath kits Mike Freitag General 0 July 14th 04 03:42 AM
Are there any SW kits available? Hidalgo Shortwave 3 June 1st 04 07:06 AM
Antenna Kits Matthew and Wendy Plante Shortwave 6 November 10th 03 03:21 AM