Old January 5th 17, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Advice on mast and bracket please

Hi everyone, I'm about to mount an small (10" x 10", less then 1KG) 4G
external antenna (bands 42/43 which is supposed to be 3.5Ghz to 3.8Ghz)
to an old Sky TV bracket and mast but I’d like your input before i buy
anything.

The link below will show you the old (at least 20 years, but feels very
solid) Sky TV bracket and bent mast
https://s26.postimg.org/5evbydgu1/20170105_160152.jpg

Also the link below will show you that i have a small overhang for the
tiles, so i will not be able to remove the old sky pole and put a new
one in unless i use the dogleg type
https://s26.postimg.org/fq7or18jd/20170105_160235.jpg

Both the bracket and pole seem very secure so i have no worries using
them again, however i am worried about the durability of clamping one
pole to another.

Also this image below gives you an idea of the general mounting location
https://s26.postimg.org/k3689gha1/Sky_Bracket.jpg
as you can see on the left there is a T&K bracket for the TV antenna,
but i cannot touch that as it's a communal tv system, also on the far
right there is another T&K bracket but to be honest I’d rather not use
that as it will mean getting someone in every time as i can't access it
myself due to illness but the Sky bracket i can work on with no issues.

I reckon the pole will need to be about 10 feet to clear the roof tiles
but i do have a small issue with the tree outside but i reckon i can get
round that by just trimming it now and then, below are a few more images
for you to look at, i hope they help.

https://s26.postimg.org/5evbydgu1/20170105_160152.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/fq7or18jd/20170105_160235.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/ckn30tpx5/20170105_160433.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/qscrph2m1/20170105_160617.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/k3689gha1/Sky_Bracket.jpg

So should i use another pole and clamp the poles together, remove the
sky pole and use a dogleg pole to clear the roof or something else, also
any suggestions for the pole itself (thickness etc) and any other advice
that you think i should know this is nothing to do with amateur radio
hardware but i do watch this group and i know you guys know your stuff
so i hope you don't mind me posting in here.

TIA

Jim