Old April 5th 17, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default Ham Radio 360: A New Ham Surprise, Our Community and a SK

Ham Radio 360

Ham Radio 360: A New Ham Surprise, Our Community and a SK

http://hamradio360.com/index.php/201...nity-and-a-sk/

In this, the 75th installment of Ham Radio 360 Podcast we talk Community.

You hear me harp on community almost daily.Â* Its real to me, and I hope
this program helps it continue to grow.Â* While there are tons of negatives
in our hobby, I always stretch to find the high points.Â* One of those highs
came to me a few months back.Â* A gracious listener charged me with finding
a New Ham that needed some help getting started with quality equipment.Â* I
assumed this would be an easy task with so many new hams flooding init was
a little tougher than I had imagined!

It seems that most new hams are hitting the ground running and purchasing
big items straight out of the gate.Â* That was until I met Josh Hunley,
KD9GOT.Â* I wont spoil the story because I want you to listen to him tell
it!Â* We surprise Josh with some really cool gear purchased by our Gracious
Listener and supplied by MTCRadio.com!

We carry on to the #KX2forCale!Â* Yes, I have an KX2 in the shack-sent over
from Elecraft to demo this Spring as I begin to explore QRP/Adventure Radio
(gonna be fun yall!)

Finally, i discuss the loss of my first friend/elmer to go SK.Â* Harold
Kinley (WA4GIB) passed last week.Â* In my short time in the hobby this was
the first Elmer Ive lost.Â* Harold was a great man, and the very epitome of
the Community I hope to encourage in the Amateur Radio Hobby/Service.

Harolds Website

Harolds books on Amazon.com
Main Trading Company is out on the Hamfest Trail!

Elecraft

-
AA Build Boards are in Stock and Shipping!

Please share HamRadio 360 with all of your Friends!

Thank you for listening!

73

K4CDN/Cale Nelson

New Show: