Old April 8th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
T-Bone

Default Bought a cig smoky radio??? Here is the fix!

Here is the fix for cigarette smoky smelling radios.

Its a .... Living Air --Breeze-- Air Purifier / Ozone Generator. Its not one
of those tall stick like things, its in a very nice oak grained box with
black trim. About 12 inches wide, 10 inches deep and 8 inches tall. Almost
looking like a speaker box for a home theater system. It has a washable
filter and ion generation plate, it is extremely easy to use and maintain,
and it is very very effective on smoke odors ... as well as pet odors,
cooking odors, musty odors etc. Does the wide say your soldering stinks...
as in smell not quality wink. This unit will kill that soldering smell! A
happy wife will let you play you know!

I have used this many times to clean up radios I have purchased - this unit
was only used for cleaning radios so it has very little usage time. I have
another Living Air purifier for the home use.

The procedu Take the covers off, clean up the exterior the best you can
using Windex, q-tips, a soft toothbrush and QUALITY paper towels - believe
me, the paper towels make a difference... or you can use a soft cloth hand /
bath towel. That will clean the smoke off the exterior - now for the stuff
you cannot wash....With the covers off and all the external components
washed. Stick all the parts into a box or plastic bag. Take this air
purifier and blow it into the box or bag, leaving the intake out of the box
or bag to suck in fresh air. Also leave a bit of the box or bag open to vent
and create a flow. Don't just let it blow on the radio and stuff without a
box or bag, you want to contain the ozone flow so it "floods" and
"saturates" the radio, the layers of circuit boards and bundles of wires
etc. Set the air purifier to max fan and max ozone, then let it go for a day
or so. I would recommend that this is done in the garage. For me, the amount
of ozone that this thing puts out at its max setting give me an instant
headache - just an FYI.

On e-bay they are not cheap. Completed auctions - $240+ for a Breeze. This
unit I have is like new, I'll ship it FREE for $200 via Paypal. US Postal
Money Orders, $215 Shipped.

Offers and trades welcome!

Thanks

Dave N9NLU