Old December 20th 14, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default cushcraft a3s or mosley ta-33?

On Sunday, April 26, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Marshall Johnson, Sr. wrote:
---You are correct, the two antennas you mention are nearly identical.
The Mosely antenna is just slightly better built than the Cushcraft.
However, before you consider either of these antennas, take look at the
three element antenna from Force 12. No loading coils or traps...and can
be expanded to include 40 meters if the need arises. Force 12 makes an
entire line of "butt-kickin'" antennas.
TTFN 73 Marsh KK7CW

Ian Procyk wrote:

Hello

I'm looking around at some smaller sized tribanders. I was wondering
if anyone out there has any thoughts on the cushcraft a3s beam or the
mosley ta-33. They are both about the same price and I was just
wondering if one is better than the other. I plan to use a cd-45-ii
rotor on which ever antenna I get. Will that rotor work?

-THNX!
-VE7HHS Vancouver BC

I have owned both these antennas, and there was no comparison, either electrically or mechanically, the Mosley TA 33 is superior in every respect. Especially now that MFJ has bought out Cush Craft, it took me 3 different sets of Traps from Cush Craft to get my A3 to work!

Some forget that Mosley INVENTED the triband Yagi, and they are still there, under the same family ownership, making their antennas.
The Cush Craft a 4 is an excellent antenna, electrically.

But Cush Craft Traps I have found to be fragile devices, and I question their power handling ratings, since I have burnt up the ones on both my old Cushcraft A3, as well as the ones on my Cushcraft D 4 rotatable dipole.

The Mosley traps I have never burnt up, and the Mosley TA 33 worked great for me, and every one else I have known who has ever run one.

Old December 21st 14, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

At Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:09:44 -0800, roof.cleaning.in.tampa rearranged some
electrons to write:

Ian Procyk wrote:

[...]

I'm sure that they have already made their decision since the original
post was 16 years ago.

Wanted Mosley WARC Kit for Mosley CL-33-M Beam Charlie Hugg Boatanchors 0 January 31st 06 04:15 AM
Mosley NOS, TA-53M Heytubeguy Equipment 0 April 1st 05 03:20 AM
Mosley NOS, TA-53M Heytubeguy Homebrew 0 April 1st 05 03:20 AM
Mosley TT-31 T.E.O Antenna 1 February 10th 04 04:38 AM
Mosley TA-33 ImPhantom Antenna 0 November 9th 03 06:32 AM