Old July 26th 12, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Help with connector

The back panel of my Gonset G-77 transmitter bears a circular 4-pin black
plastic female connector, say half an inch in diameter.

The schematic diagram identifies it as an "Amphenol 71-43" (not sure, my
manual photocopy is not very good).

A few questions:

- is it really a 71-43?
- does the mating plug bear the same identifier as the socket?
- does any one know where I could find the mating plug?

Thanks & 73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

Old July 27th 12, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Antonio I0JX wrote:

A few questions:

- is it really a 71-43?

Looking at the 1972 Amphenol catalogue, I am thinking it's a 71-4S

- does the mating plug bear the same identifier as the socket?

The plug would be a 71-4P.

- does any one know where I could find the mating plug?

Amphenol sold that line to WPI which sold it to Cooper Interconnect.

I think the 71 series connectors are gone, but I am pretty sure that
some of the 91 series connectors will interoperate with them. You could
try this one:

http://www.newark.com/cooper-interco...way/dp/39F3003

No, it's not a DIN standard plug, no matter what the Newark site says.
--scott

Old July 27th 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Scott Dorsey" ha scritto nel messaggio

Antonio I0JX wrote:

A few questions:

- is it really a 71-43?

Looking at the 1972 Amphenol catalogue, I am thinking it's a 71-4S

- does the mating plug bear the same identifier as the socket?

The plug would be a 71-4P.

- does any one know where I could find the mating plug?

Amphenol sold that line to WPI which sold it to Cooper Interconnect.

I think the 71 series connectors are gone, but I am pretty sure that
some of the 91 series connectors will interoperate with them. You could
try this one:

http://www.newark.com/cooper-interco...way/dp/39F3003

No, it's not a DIN standard plug, no matter what the Newark site says.
--scott

Thanks for info. However Newark does not have them in stock, and anyway I
would have to buy a minimum of 25 pieces, for a total of about $700

Searching the web for 91-type connectors I found something on SSN

Would you expect that connector marked (CNA) 91-M4S on
http://www.surplussales.com/Connecto...rophone-6.html would mate?

The SSN identifier looks quite close to the Newark one (91-MPM4S)

SSN seems not to require a minimum order value. But I am not sure whether
they would ship internationally for a $2.5 item.

Will try.

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

Old July 31st 12, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Antonio I0JX wrote:
Thanks for info. However Newark does not have them in stock, and anyway I
would have to buy a minimum of 25 pieces, for a total of about $700

I thought I had one somewhere, but what I have are all the 3-pin versions.

Would you expect that connector marked (CNA) 91-M4S on
http://www.surplussales.com/Connecto...rophone-6.html would mate?

That one will definitely mate with the 91-series connectors like I
suggested... but I am not POSITIVE that the 91 and 71 will mate.

The SSN identifier looks quite close to the Newark one (91-MPM4S)

SSN seems not to require a minimum order value. But I am not sure whether
they would ship internationally for a $2.5 item.

Can't hurt to ask!
--scott