Old December 26th 04, 07:02 PM
pickle

Default No Degen 1103 yet

Bummer. The wife ordered me a Degen 1103 for Christmas. She ordered
it from Liypn through eBay. He must have had a lot of orders
because he's out and won't get more for a couple of weeks or so.
Thought you weren't supposed to list items on eBay unless you had the
item on hand.
Old December 27th 04, 07:46 PM
Bob Niland

pickle wrote:

Bummer. The wife ordered me a whatever for Christmas.
She ordered it from userID in China through eBay.

Where are you located? I wonder what the shipping,
customs, brokerage & holding fees (if any) would have
been in you are in another country.

He must have had a lot of orders because he's out ...

Was he ever "in"? It's coin flip as to whether this
is a stocking seller or a drop-shipping seller.

Unless they can't count, stocking sellers have no
excuse for running more listings than they have units.

Thought you weren't supposed to list items on eBay
unless you had the item on hand.

I thought so too, but just checking, I find no obvious
rule/guideline, nor anything in the User Agreement.

Finally, a quick look at FB timestamps (esp. the
recent exchange of Neg fire) suggests that this seller
is an FB hostager. Chances are they have a lot more
unhappy customers than the 4 negs (3 removed) suggest.

--
Regards, Bob Niland
Old December 27th 04, 09:37 PM
DeWayne

"pickle" wrote in message
Bummer. The wife ordered me a Degen 1103 for Christmas. She ordered
it from Liypn through eBay. He must have had a lot of orders
because he's out and won't get more for a couple of weeks or so.
Thought you weren't supposed to list items on eBay unless you had the item
on hand.

Did they tell you it was shipped?

Old December 27th 04, 09:48 PM
DeWayne

"pickle" wrote in message
Bummer. The wife ordered me a Degen 1103 for Christmas. She ordered
it from Liypn through eBay. He must have had a lot of orders
because he's out and won't get more for a couple of weeks or so.
Thought you weren't supposed to list items on eBay unless you had the item
on hand.

Looks like Liypn is gonna get some heavy competition from those selling
Kaito's in the USA. 1 yr USA warranty, and AC adapter.

Old December 28th 04, 06:23 AM
m II

pickle wrote:

Bummer. The wife ordered me a Degen 1103 for Christmas. She ordered
it from Liypn through eBay. He must have had a lot of orders
because he's out and won't get more for a couple of weeks or so.
Thought you weren't supposed to list items on eBay unless you had the
item on hand.

Perhaps he couldn't afford the shipping. The airlines being so greedy
and all, the

Degen Air Rate

may be just too outlandish.

mike

I should be ashamed of myself...

Old December 28th 04, 11:17 AM
Conan Ford

pickle wrote in news:yKidnXvGYYDx003cRVn-
:

Bummer. The wife ordered me a Degen 1103 for Christmas. She ordered
it from Liypn through eBay. He must have had a lot of orders
because he's out and won't get more for a couple of weeks or so.
Thought you weren't supposed to list items on eBay unless you had the
item on hand.

I bought two radios from lipyn, a DE-1102 and a PL-550. The experience
with the first one was excellent. As for the second, I purchased it on
August 13. On arrival, I discovered that the wall wart didn't work (with
the included adapter of course). I contact lipyn on or about August 30
about getting a replacement. I sent the wall wart back before labor day by
air mail--2 week delivery time. Since I'd paid the "insurance" so I was
expecting prompt replacement--after all, I had found the deficiency within
7 days of receiving the item, so I expected the "warranty" quoted in the
auction would be quickly honored, which is, immediately replacement.
Instead, I got the run around and finally got a replacement just before
Christmas.

Based on this long replacement time, despite the misleading auction
description, I'm not going to be a repeat customer. When the auction
description promises prompt replacement for defects, a 3 month wait
approximately between the defective item being received by the seller, and
finally the replacement being posted (december 15) is not reasonable. If
you buy from lipyn, and you pay the "insurance", be prepared to ship the
entire package back immediately if you find any defect in any component, or
it will be a long wait.

Old December 28th 04, 11:29 AM
Walter

I bought two radios from lipyn, a DE-1102 and a PL-550. The experience
with the first one was excellent. As for the second, I purchased it on
August 13. On arrival, I discovered that the wall wart didn't work (with
the included adapter of course). I contact lipyn on or about August 30
about getting a replacement. I sent the wall wart back before labor day by
air mail--2 week delivery time. Since I'd paid the "insurance" so I was
expecting prompt replacement--after all, I had found the deficiency within
7 days of receiving the item, so I expected the "warranty" quoted in the
auction would be quickly honored, which is, immediately replacement.
Instead, I got the run around and finally got a replacement just before
Christmas.

According to my calculations, there are 17 days between August 13 and
August 30. Perhaps this was a typo. If it wasn't, then you didn't find
the defect within the warranty period.

Old December 28th 04, 11:41 AM
Brenda Ann

"Walter" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

You're not figuring in the transit time for shipping. It was purchased on
August 13.. it takes a while to get from China to stateside.. even having
gotten the radio in 17 days was pretty good time.

Old December 28th 04, 01:09 PM
Conan Ford

"Brenda Ann" wrote in
:

"Walter" wrote in message
ink.net...

You're not figuring in the transit time for shipping. It was purchased
on August 13.. it takes a while to get from China to stateside.. even
having gotten the radio in 17 days was pretty good time.

Correct, it was received and signed for on August 27.
Old December 28th 04, 11:35 PM
tianli

I bought two radios from lipyn, a DE-1102 and a PL-550

For the same price of those two cheap radios you could have had one
excellent radio that actually worked superbly.
So, you sent two donations to the Communist Party of China.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...hinaoil27.html
Feel good?

FS: Degen 1103 portable pickle Shortwave 4 December 24th 04 07:08 AM
Just got the Degen 1103 pickle Shortwave 20 December 8th 04 02:13 PM
FT: Degen 1103 DeWayne Shortwave 7 December 6th 04 08:21 PM
Degen 1103 EBAY website question David Shortwave 9 November 30th 04 03:00 PM
Which is best? Degen 1102 or 1103?? David Shortwave 6 August 31st 04 01:14 AM