Old July 5th 03, 04:04 AM
ALAN1S

Default Boosting Scanner Recption for New York City Subway Frequencies

Hello

I have a BC860XLT scanner and use a portable (2 rod) radio antenna for
reception. I live in a first floor apartment and cannot use an antenna which
is conspicuous. Also, nothing can be hung about the building.

I'm particularly interested in the following frequencies which I cannot
currently receive.

160.3950 Coney Island Yard Tower A
160.8950 Coney Island Yard Tower B
161.0250 Coney Island Yard

Since I live about 7 miles away, can I somehow improve reception without
upgrading to a more powerful scanner?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Alan
Old July 5th 03, 01:43 PM
Jeff Seale

ALAN1S wrote:

Hello

I have a BC860XLT scanner and use a portable (2 rod) radio antenna for
reception. I live in a first floor apartment and cannot use an antenna
which
is conspicuous. Also, nothing can be hung about the building.

I'm particularly interested in the following frequencies which I cannot
currently receive.

160.3950 Coney Island Yard Tower A
160.8950 Coney Island Yard Tower B
161.0250 Coney Island Yard

Since I live about 7 miles away, can I somehow improve reception without
upgrading to a more powerful scanner?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Alan

If you're looking for an indoor installation, you might want to look for
what I call an H-bar (I don't know the techie name for this thing). It
mounts on a wall (preferably in the corner of the room) and both the
horizontal and vertical poles are moveable. I don't have one myself, but
I've seen them before

--
Web-spinner of "Tri-State Radio/TV Directory" at
home.insightbb.com/~jseale18

a listing of radio and TV stations in northern Kentucky,
southwestern Ohio, and southern Indiana