Old September 3rd 03, 02:42 AM
K9SQG

Default Cushcraft A743 40 meter add-on

Steve,

You might be disappointed. Basically what you end up with is a severely
shortened dipole that is inductively loaded. It has limited bandwidth and
offers no gain. As an advantage, however, it does allow one to rotate it to
minimize a source of interference. But if you are limited to just one antenna,
then it might be worthwhile. I've talked with maybe 6 hams that have owned
them. While it does give them 40 meters, performance is not like on 10, 15,
20.

Best of luck with your decision.

73s,

Evan
Old September 3rd 03, 03:30 AM
Steve Dakin

Thanks Evan. This was more or less what I expected.
I have room in the back yard for some sloping dipoles
and an inverted vee on the tower. I'll probably stick
with those for the time being

Steve WQ5N

Old September 3rd 03, 10:00 PM
Piotr S³aby

Hi,
Maybe one more comment.
I use this 40 meter add-on but it is only on the 15 meters mast.
From the same mast I have for 40 meters band inverted V.
I use Inverted V for listening but when I turn beam I get better results
while transmitting.
Best 73,
Piotr SP6RGQ

HY-Gain 20 meter yagi Mel Antenna 1 May 7th 09 06:06 PM
Determining antenna resonance with a grid dip meter Ralph Mowery Antenna 8 October 10th 03 12:49 AM
Info on Cushcraft R3 triband vertical Jim Coffey Antenna 2 August 29th 03 10:29 PM
Length of Coax Affecting Incident Power to Meter? Dr. Slick Antenna 140 August 18th 03 08:17 PM
30 meter add-on for HF2-V idea Terry Ashland Antenna 1 July 25th 03 05:16 AM