Old September 30th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Passport to World Band Radio 2007 Shipment Date Announced

To those who are interested:

According to the Passband web site http://www.passband.com the 2007
edition of PASSPORT TO WORLD BAND RADIO is scheduled to be shipped by
them on October 23. I presume other dealers will have it in stock at
that time also.

Please let's not start a "pro-Passport" vs. "anti-Passport" argument
here - as you all know it is MY OPINION, based on a DXing "career" that
goes back almost fifty years, that the yearly Passport as well as the
yearly WRTH are indispensable references. It is your right to disagree
with me, and I do respect others' opinions, but please do it
"privately." Thanks!

This message is for information only.

Best,

Joe

Old September 30th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

To those who are interested:

According to the Passband web site http://www.passband.com the 2007
edition of PASSPORT TO WORLD BAND RADIO is scheduled to be shipped by
them on October 23. I presume other dealers will have it in stock at
that time also.

Please let's not start a "pro-Passport" vs. "anti-Passport" argument
here - as you all know it is MY OPINION, based on a DXing "career" that
goes back almost fifty years, that the yearly Passport as well as the
yearly WRTH are indispensable references.

Yes, shipped on Oct. 23, and out of date on Oct. 24! A pretty good reference
though with regard to station addresses and equipment reviews.

A good buy for any beginning DX'er.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 30th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

A pretty good reference
though with regard to station addresses and equipment reviews.

A good buy for any beginning DX'er.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yes but most of that info if not all, is readily available for free online
if your wiling to look.

BH

Old September 30th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

A pretty good reference
though with regard to station addresses and equipment reviews.

A good buy for any beginning DX'er.

Yes but most of that info if not all, is readily available for free online
if your wiling to look.

Indeed, but I was not looking to offend the OP too much! I was trying my hand at
being *diplomatic*.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 30th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Indeed, but I was not looking to offend the OP too much! I was trying my
hand at
being *diplomatic*.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Oh I see. Well, just don't get too carried away. : )

BH

Old September 30th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Indeed, but I was not looking to offend the OP too much! I was trying my
hand at
being *diplomatic*.

Oh I see. Well, just don't get too carried away. : )

Yeah, being *diplomatic* would be a radical change for me.

Maybe next year.

Speaking of years, this one sure seems to be flying by rather quickly.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 30th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Yeah, being *diplomatic* would be a radical change for me.

Maybe next year.

Speaking of years, this one sure seems to be flying by rather quickly.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yep, and the older we get Steve, the faster they go it seems.

BH

Old September 30th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Hill wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

A pretty good reference
though with regard to station addresses and equipment reviews.

A good buy for any beginning DX'er.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yes but most of that info if not all, is readily available for free online
if your wiling to look.

BH

I'm always curious to see how much money Eton has spent purchasing ad
space and product reviews.

Old October 3rd 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
GYT GYT is offline

I've ordered mine already. I always look forward to getting the new edition.
It's definitely a worthwhile resource.

Old October 11th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It's something people can get you for Xmas (or me, my December
birthday) without spending a lot, and thus a good gift for those
of us who already have tons of stuff and tend to want only
items that cost a lot, too much for friends' presents. Amazon
usually has a good combo deal with the WRTH which has a
reasonable total.

73, Will