Old January 2nd 05, 10:11 AM
bolt thrower

Default BC246T case?

Anyone making soft carry cases for the BC246T?

Thanks.
Old January 3rd 05, 04:21 PM
Fred Zalupski

Scanner Master either has one already or soon will.

Old January 3rd 05, 07:02 PM
Alex Clayton

"bolt thrower" wrote in message
Anyone making soft carry cases for the BC246T?

Thanks.

If it's just for carry, you should be able to use a "radio shelf". They do
not offer protection, but work great for belt carry. I use one for my
scanners at work. They are MUCH more secure than the belt clips. You can get
them from Galls. You would want the smaller one.
--
If at first you don't succeed blame someone else and seek counseling.

Old January 3rd 05, 08:25 PM
User

If it's just for carry, you should be able to use a "radio shelf". They do
not offer protection, but work great for belt carry. I use one for my

The lettering is rubbing off of my Pro-79's buttons. I am hoping to avoid
this with my 246T.

Old January 3rd 05, 08:41 PM
Alex Clayton

"User" wrote in message
If it's just for carry, you should be able to use a "radio shelf". They
do not offer protection, but work great for belt carry. I use one for my

The lettering is rubbing off of my Pro-79's buttons. I am hoping to avoid
this with my 246T.

My old 79 has many buttons that are unreadable any more. I always figured
that was probably more from me using them than anything else.
My 95, which once I figured out how to program, is mostly just left alone,
still looks new on the buttons after more than a year of use. With it in the
radio shelf it could be rubbed against something but it would be hard to do,
you would really have to be leaning on the radio. The belt that holds the
radio is going to make contact with anything you brush against. If you go to
Galls site you should be able to see a picture of one with a radio on it,
you will see what I'm talking about.
--
If at first you don't succeed blame someone else and seek counseling.