Old July 5th 04, 12:30 AM
Chris Howard

Default 2m 70cm dual band homebrew?

I just purchased a dualband vhf/uhf radio
but I don't have any dualband antennas.

I would like to know if there are any
on-line plans for dual band antennas
that I can build _without_ benefit
of a antenna analyzer or 70cm swr
bridge. This would be for mounting
at home, not mobile or portable.
And I prefer something omnidirectional.

I have some aluminum stock lying around.
Any ideas?

Old July 5th 04, 01:22 AM
Da Shadow

See URL:
http://www.n7qvc.com/amateur_radio/copper.html

AND
http://ac6v.com/antprojects.htm

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows

Old July 5th 04, 01:34 AM
Richard Heindel

Try this link: http://www.arrowantennas.com/inst/ijpole.html
Darn easy antenna to build and a real good match on both bands.
73
Richard WB8KRN

Old July 5th 04, 02:05 AM
Cecil Moore

Bob Miller wrote:
My homebrew 2-meter j-pole (made from 450-ohm ladderline) is also
resonant on its 3rd harmonic, 70cm, and has reasonably low swr on both
bands.

Third harmonic UHF verticals are not a good idea. The take-off-angle
is about 47 degrees so most of the RF is lost. Yes, they work after
a fashion, but not nearly as well as a 1/4WL vertical.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old July 5th 04, 07:05 AM
Mike M.

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:34:11 GMT, "Richard Heindel"
wrotF:

Try this link: http://www.arrowantennas.com/inst/ijpole.html
Darn easy antenna to build and a real good match on both bands.
73
Richard WB8KRN

I'll second that. I built a copy of the Arrow antenna from the Arrow
plans and it has low SWR on both bands and works okay too.

Not too expensive to buy either if you have more money than time.

Mike kc9doa
Old July 5th 04, 02:59 PM
R. Scott

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 06:05:48 GMT, Mike M. wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:34:11 GMT, "Richard Heindel"
wrotF:

Try this link: http://www.arrowantennas.com/inst/ijpole.html
Darn easy antenna to build and a real good match on both bands.
73
Richard WB8KRN

I'll second that. I built a copy of the Arrow antenna from the Arrow
plans and it has low SWR on both bands and works okay too.

Not too expensive to buy either if you have more money than time.

Mike kc9doa

Ill ditto that, I have one up on the roof right now. Its the best little antenna in the
world and easy peasy to build.

Scotty N7HJ

2 meter and 70cm turnstiles Dennis Kaylor Antenna 1 April 2nd 04 06:32 PM
Comet Dual Bander question Dan Antenna 2 March 11th 04 05:16 AM
Need dual band mobile antenna AO KD5FXT Antenna 0 January 26th 04 12:58 PM
40M+80M dual band delta loop? Antenna 22 January 4th 04 08:50 PM
FA: ANLI RD-88H ANTENNA SCANNER HAM DUAL BAND *** Ends Today!!! Ivory Kid Antenna 0 August 17th 03 06:11 PM