Old February 3rd 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Justin Case

Default Analog S/RF meter vs. Digital S/RF Meter - Cast your vote here! (Heads up Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom and Ten Tec!)

I know at least one higher up at a major Ham radio manufacturer
reads these news groups, so maybe this will make it in to the right
hands.

How many of you prefer a real analog d'Arsonval movement S/RF meter
to a digital bar graph S/RF meter?

My vote goes for a great big detailed analog meter with a real needle
any day. Give me a radio with a great big Kenwood TS-940s S/RF style
analog meter, and forget about the LCD/LED S/RF meter. Even the LCD
attempt to look like a real analog meter just does not cut it for me.
If a moth can't land on the needle and go for a ride it's not worth
watching.

: )

-Justin

Old February 3rd 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Steve

Justin Case wrote:
I know at least one higher up at a major Ham radio manufacturer
reads these news groups, so maybe this will make it in to the right
hands.

How many of you prefer a real analog d'Arsonval movement S/RF meter
to a digital bar graph S/RF meter?

My vote goes for a great big detailed analog meter with a real needle
any day. Give me a radio with a great big Kenwood TS-940s S/RF style
analog meter, and forget about the LCD/LED S/RF meter. Even the LCD
attempt to look like a real analog meter just does not cut it for me.
If a moth can't land on the needle and go for a ride it's not worth
watching.

: )

-Justin

Looking at FT 840 love the analog meter!