Old April 25th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republician inspired taxrebate?

I hope I didn't miss this thread. Been busy lately.

I've ordered a FT817D to take camping.

How bout you?

Regards,
NEO
Old April 25th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 25, 12:15*pm, N9NEO wrote:
I hope I didn't miss this thread. *Been busy lately.

I've ordered a FT817D to take camping.

How bout you?

Regards,
NEO

I'm getting an antique shortwave set in a wooden cabinet - you know,
one I can burn in the fireplace when the price of fuel is
prohibitively high this coming winter.

Bruce Jensen
Old April 25th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 25, 3:15 pm, N9NEO wrote:
I hope I didn't miss this thread. Been busy lately.

I've ordered a FT817D to take camping.

How bout you?

Regards,
NEO

getting my wife something nice;

spending the rest on something like this . .

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0055.html

Old April 26th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

I bought an Eee PC.

How do you like it? WiFi performance? Screen size? Keyboard size?
Old April 26th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republicianinspire...

If you bought a little Eee PC, look on page 82 in the May 2008 Popular
Science magazine about how to turn an Eee PC into a speedy (quoteing a
line or two from the article in my snail mail May 2008 Popular Science
magazine) little beast that can run any program or OS.

Of course that could void the warranty if you mess up.
The article might be on line now or at Popular Science magazine's
website.
www.popsci.com
cuhulin

Old April 26th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

If the Republicans would quit printing money for the Wall Street bankers
maybe the price of commodities would come down...

The Bank of England has more to do with the US Money Circulation than
the Republicrats.

http://www.save-a-patriot.org/files/view/whofed.html

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies . . . If the American people ever allow private
banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then
by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the
banks] . . . will deprive the people of all property until their
children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered . . .
The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the
people, to whom it properly belongs."

-- Thomas Jefferson -- The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill,
(1809)

Old April 26th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:
dave wrote:

If the Republicans would quit printing money for the Wall Street bankers
maybe the price of commodities would come down...

The Bank of England has more to do with the US Money Circulation than
the Republicrats.

A bit more on financial history:

http://www.iamthewitness.com/DarylBr...th_Bankers.htm

mike..

money from nothing, cheques for free...
Old April 26th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies . . . If the American people ever allow private
banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then
by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the
banks] . . . will deprive the people of all property until their
children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered . . .
The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the
people, to whom it properly belongs."

-- Thomas Jefferson -- The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill,
(1809)

Amazing! Jefferson must have had a crystal ball -- he foresaw the the
Fed over a hundred years before it happened and the fix we now find
ourselves in, 200 years later, just like he predicted. :-(