Old October 12th 05, 03:37 PM
Simon

Default Info wanted - R744A army VHF receiver (US made)

Hi

I wonder if anyone in the US has any information on the US made
military R744A/PRR receiver? I have one of these 1960s period sets but
can find nothing on the net about it (a search will only show what I
have posted!).

These sets were powered by batteries or 24v external vehicle supply,
had subminiature tubes and covered 20 - 100MHz in one band. You can
see some details of my set at http://www.vk2bv.org/radio/r744a.htm

I would like to find a manual (TM5825-203-20-34) plus information on
the period and usage of these sets. Surely their use cannot be
confined to Australia (they are even rare here), since they were made
by more than one US manufacturer!

Simon