Old July 10th 12, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default common mode current

"The current which flows on the outer surface of the shield is called common
mode current. In other words, it is the unbalanced current not returned
within the coaxial cable.
This leads to a very important question. If the current isn't returned in
the cable, where does it go? The answer is, it radiates! In fact, the amount
of radiation from the coax cable is directly proportional to the common-mode
current on that cable." From: http://www.k0bg.com/common.html

"In fact, the amount of radiation from the coax cable is directly
proportional to the common-mode current on that cable."

The currents consists of electrons.

Does it means that the electrons jump off from the end of the radiator?

In Faraday time no such meters but Faraday had know that electrons (nuclei)
jump off from the end of the open circuit.

Also L. Lorenz known that the light is the oscillatory flow of electrons.

S*

Old July 10th 12, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:
"The current which flows on the outer surface of the shield is called common
mode current. In other words, it is the unbalanced current not returned
within the coaxial cable.
This leads to a very important question. If the current isn't returned in
the cable, where does it go? The answer is, it radiates! In fact, the amount
of radiation from the coax cable is directly proportional to the common-mode
current on that cable." From: http://www.k0bg.com/common.html

"In fact, the amount of radiation from the coax cable is directly
proportional to the common-mode current on that cable."

The currents consists of electrons.

Does it means that the electrons jump off from the end of the radiator?

No, it does not mean that.

There are no jumping electrons involved in radiation and you are an ineducable
idiot.

In Faraday time no such meters but Faraday had know that electrons (nuclei)
jump off from the end of the open circuit.

No, Faraday did NOT know that as it doesn't happen that way and you are
an ineducable idiot.

Also L. Lorenz known that the light is the oscillatory flow of electrons.

No, Lorenz did NOT know that as it doesn't happen that way and you are
an ineducable idiot.

Old July 10th 12, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 7/10/2012 1:05 PM, wrote:
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
[...]

I looked at my antenna the other day while I was talking. I saw some
jumping off. Szczepan has been right all along. Or maybe it was bird do
do I saw falling. Anyway, something was coming down from my antenna.

Michael

Old July 10th 12, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Boomer" wrote in message
I looked at my antenna the other day while I was talking. I saw some

jumping off. Szczepan has been right all along. Or maybe it was bird do do
I saw falling. Anyway, something was coming down from my antenna.

Michael

Hello Michael.

The do do has been extinct for centuries. Have I misunderstood your email?

73, Ian.

Old July 10th 12, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Boomer wrote:

I looked at my antenna the other day while I was talking. I saw some
jumping off. Szczepan has been right all along. Or maybe it was bird do
do I saw falling. Anyway, something was coming down from my antenna.

Me too but I know what it is; the insulation from the cheap Home Depot house
wire I used to make the antenna.

The damn insulation is hard to strip off when it is new but falls off all
by itself after a couple of years in the sun.

Old July 11th 12, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:49:52 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
The currents consists of electrons.

Sorry, electrons cannot move fast enough to support RF current which cannot flow inside a wire. The RF EM wave flow is supported by photons moving at the speed of light in a cloud surrounding the wire.

Does it means that the electrons jump off from the end of the radiator?

Electrons are known to "jump off from the end of the radiator". It's called corona and it is visible at night. Fortunately, it happens only under special conditions because that energy is not coherently radiated, i.e. not useful for anything except melting the ends of an antenna.

In Faraday time no such meters but Faraday had know that electrons (nuclei)
jump off from the end of the open circuit.

Yes, arcing is a common occurrence. Unfortunately, nowadays it is useless (and illegal) for RF communications. BTW, nuclei is plural for nucleus and there are no electrons in the nucleus.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old July 11th 12, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

Your antennas are the diwire.
From the radiating wire the electrons jump off and penetrate into the
counterpoise wire.
It would be interesting to know if is any difference in behavior of the
different wires.
S*

Hello Szczepan.
"Diwire"? What's that?
"From the radiating wire the electrons jump off and penetrate into the
counterpoise wire."
Sounds like a rather short circuit. Not much chance of a QSO.

Regards, Ian.

Common Mode Choke ? Bob[_27_] Antenna 2 November 22nd 10 11:40 PM
Common Mode chokes John Ferrell[_2_] Antenna 11 October 20th 10 05:53 PM
Using Oscilloscope to Detect Common Mode Current dykesc Antenna 5 June 8th 09 04:47 PM
4:1 Current Balun Common Mode Impedance? Danny Richardson Antenna 28 November 29th 06 04:13 PM
Common-Mode Noise . . . RHF Shortwave 0 November 25th 05 09:40 PM