Old November 7th 03, 02:11 AM
Howard

Default HF Maritime Net

Hello there,

I am looking for info on a maritime net I heard on SSB HF recently. I
didn't pay close enough attention to the frequency and now can't find
it again.

It was NOT on an amateur frequency, but was controlled by an
interesting fellow who did an outstanding job. All of the participants
in this net were on (relatively) small boats scattered around the
Atlantic.

Is anyone familiar with the name, frequency and schedule of this net?

Any info greatly appreciated.

de WA2AFD
Old November 7th 03, 02:19 AM
N8KDV

Howard wrote:

Hello there,

I am looking for info on a maritime net I heard on SSB HF recently. I
didn't pay close enough attention to the frequency and now can't find
it again.

It was NOT on an amateur frequency, but was controlled by an
interesting fellow who did an outstanding job. All of the participants
in this net were on (relatively) small boats scattered around the
Atlantic.

Is anyone familiar with the name, frequency and schedule of this net?

Any info greatly appreciated.

de WA2AFD

I think you are referring to is Herb's Southbound II weather net.
Frequency is 12359 USB, at 2000-2200 GMT daily I believe.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B
http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old November 7th 03, 02:33 AM
N8KDV

http://hometown.aol.com/hehilgen/myh.../vacation.html

Old November 7th 03, 02:35 AM
N8KDV

Bill wrote:

Southbound II has a website just do a Google..

Or.. try this one:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/hehilgen/vax498.htm

Old November 8th 03, 05:29 PM
Howard

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Howard wrote:

Hello there,

I am looking for info on a maritime net I heard on SSB HF recently. I
didn't pay close enough attention to the frequency and now can't find
it again.

It was NOT on an amateur frequency, but was controlled by an
interesting fellow who did an outstanding job. All of the participants
in this net were on (relatively) small boats scattered around the
Atlantic.

Is anyone familiar with the name, frequency and schedule of this net?

Any info greatly appreciated.

de WA2AFD

I think you are referring to is Herb's Southbound II weather net.
Frequency is 12359 USB, at 2000-2200 GMT daily I believe.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B
http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

You fellows are top notch! And you're right on the money too...thanks
for taking the time to help.

73 de WA2AFD

FCC: Broadband Power Line Systems Paul Policy 0 January 10th 05 06:41 PM
how about a maritime mobile station? DB Rea Antenna 2 December 3rd 04 02:42 AM
Maritime Radio around Halifax Nova Scotia Robert Maskill Shortwave 2 November 7th 03 06:58 PM
SSB Maritime frequencies ALCCA Policy 2 September 24th 03 05:31 PM
Maritime MF Frequencies & Coastal Stations Ralf Ballis - DL2MRB - Shortwave 0 August 22nd 03 10:02 PM