Old August 27th 05, 03:30 PM
David J Windisch

Default 15-tube homebrew receiver for sale

Hi, all concerned:

This one was on ebay a while ago. Bids didn't get past the reserve, and I
made an after-auction offer which was accepted.

There was no information on what is inside.

I've gotten as far as turning it on, listening on 40M, and documenting the
tube lineup.

Its general form is:

6AK5-6JH8-6JH8-6BJ6 X3-6AQ5, with l-o's, bfo, detectors, agc-amps, S-meter
circuitry. The r-f stage has separate peaking. The 1st-lo is tuned by a
smooooooth National PW-type drive The second i-f has provisions for 2
switched 9-pin plug-in-style mechanical filters and a "wide" position.
Sri -- the filters are long gone. Power supply is internal, with plug-in
solid-state
rectifier and a couple of 0B2's. Line cord has one of those fused plugs
which
purist-collectors drool over. I don't have a pic of the bottom side;
however, it's nicely
homebrewed.

Date codes on the tubes are '50s and '60s. All but two of the shields are
those nice ones with dissipators inside.

There are 5-pin plug-in coils for 80-10M, and extra BUD ceramic forms, in a
box.

Physically, it is H9"XW12" with tilt built in to the design, and 18" deep.
It weighs around 30 lb.

I have the ebay jpg's, which can be emailed to interested
parties.

My original intent was to find an "HBT-XX" homebrew transmitter to go with
it, and the intent has fallen by the wayside. Oh, well . . .

$300 plus about $40 for insured ground shipping to conus.

73, and tks for reading.