Old September 2nd 03, 03:43 PM
Dave VanHorn

Default cobra 6000

pardon the lc, i can't get uppercase this am.. i think my keyboard's dying.

just picked up one of these, to replace my former 'no name' antenna.

i replaced the old one, because i could not tune it to resonance, no matter
what i did.
it was way off, and would have needed a longer whip than it had, to come in
tune.

the cobra was pretty interesting. it's resonant on my first guess, with
near zero reactance at ch19.
however the impedance shows 90 ohms. interesting.

i'll be looking around for a 2-1 un-un for it, should be interesting.

Old September 2nd 03, 05:08 PM
sideband

Dave:

Sounds like you have RF grounding issues. Try ensuring you have a good
contact to ground by cleaning up your antenna mount, etc. If in a
mobile, try running some ground strap from the mount to the frame, or
to the door frame on the body side (not to the door itself) if it's a
mirror mount.

HTH

-SSB

Cobra 19 mods I Am Not Ice Equipment 2 October 27th 04 05:46 PM
WTB: 6000 Tube (2) or source? K3HVG Boatanchors 1 June 22nd 04 02:20 PM
FA* Cobra 2000GTL original matching speaker TRAMD300 CB 1 August 1st 03 05:01 PM
cobra 29 with sound tracker,,doesnt hear good,,schematic?? don CB 0 July 23rd 03 03:10 AM