Old June 2nd 15, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default WANTED: Vintage Tektronix tube-based (or early transistor) gear / HPTest Equipment

Hello All,

I am a long-time collector of vacuum-tube based Tektronix equipment and am in the mood to expand my collection. I am wondering if anyone has any Tektronix 500-series oscilloscopes or associated calibration equipment that they would like to either give away or sell cheap? I'd also be interested in early transistor-based Tek equipment.

I am located up in British Columbia, Canada, but am willing to travel. I'm also interested in early HP test equipment as well (especially digital counters, etc.)

Let me know what you have, where it's located and what you'd like for it and perhaps we can make a deal.

Regards,

Chris
Old June 3rd 15, 07:16 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hello All,

I am a long-time collector of vacuum-tube based Tektronix equipment and am in the mood to expand my collection. I am wondering if anyone has any Tektronix 500-series oscilloscopes or associated calibration equipment that they would like to either give away or sell cheap? I'd also be interested in early transistor-based Tek equipment.

I am located up in British Columbia, Canada, but am willing to travel. I'm also interested in early HP test equipment as well (especially digital counters, etc.)

Let me know what you have, where it's located and what you'd like for it and perhaps we can make a deal.

Regards,

Chris
So instead of having to pay top dollar for a part you need to resurrect your old Tektronix Sillyscope, you figure that if you say you are a collector, someone might give you a couple - for the cost of shipping and then you can fix your scopes at a reduced cost.
Now I have seen it all!
__________________
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...
Old June 3rd 15, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 6/3/2015 2:16 PM, Channel Jumper wrote:
;840280 Wrote:
[...]

And what makes you think he's not a collector? There are quite a few
around the world who specialize in old Tektronix equipment. And none of
them are as rich as Bill Gates. But they enjoy refurbishing and
displaying the old equipment.

Or are you just making another of your usual stoopid comments?

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old June 4th 15, 07:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Wednesday, 3 June 2015 12:13:00 UTC-7, Channel Jumper wrote:
;840280 Wrote:
[...]

Hello Channel Jumper,

I actually am indeed a collector of Tek scopes (and am often called crazy for doing so) --- I'm actually up to about 200 instruments now, which - as far as I'm aware- counts for one of the largest collections in the world. This has been my hobby for almost 15 years and I've saved a number of these scopes from various landfills, or people who just want to dismantle them for parts that are all individually sold on eBay as "Audiophile" tube amp components.

Anyway -- I enjoy restoring these scopes back to operational condition and cleaning them up. It's a passion of mine --- everyone's got a hobby right?

Regards,

Chris
Old June 4th 15, 07:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

840280 Wrote:
[...]

Thanks Jerry,

I'm nowhere near as rich as Bill Gates is (although I wish I was... I suppose everybody does.)

That's precisely what I do, as far as refurbishing and displaying goes. I take a lot of pride in my collection and get a lot of enjoyment out of it (I guess that's all that matters at the end of the day.)

As far as collectors, there's definitely a few of us out there and some other sizeable collections.

Regards,

Chris

Old June 4th 15, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

840280 Wrote:
[...]

Chris,

Yea, don't mind Channel Jumper. He's just one of the trolls hanging
around here. He never has anything worthwhile to contribute, yet he
insists on making an arse of himself, anyway. Not even a ham - just a
wanna-be CBer (hence the 'nym he picked).

--

Old July 7th 15, 07:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I have a very restorable Tek 454 here if intrested? $50+ Shipping from 55992 MN USA