Old July 19th 15, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Uniden Bearcat 210Xlt

On Sunday, December 16, 2007 at 11:49:07 AM UTC-4, Bearcat210xlt wrote:
Does anyone on this entire planet besides me own a Uniden Bearcat
210Xlt? I can't find anything on the internet. The closest I found was
an Electra Bearcat 210Xlt (?) And a Uniden Bearcat 210Xl, in which I
had to join a Yahoo radio group to grab a PDF Manual for.

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get a free PDF
manual. I would also like to know if anyone else owns one, what
"Electra" is or was, how old BC210Xlt is, and just why the heck is it
so rare?!?

My Grandfather gave me my 210Xlt, and I have 15 freq. programed into
it. (2 Air-Traffic Control Canada, 1 Ham frequency, 1 T.V station
(Global, 407.287), and the rest Gov't/Police/Fire, all in the VHF
band, except for the T.V station.

Thank You In Advance!
-Trent

i programmed the code in my scanner that you had posted thanks...
Old July 23rd 15, 02:12 PM
Senior Member

The Uniden Bearcat BC-210XLT is a full featured, 40 channel (two banks of 20) scanner that covers VHF Low Band, Air Band, VHF High Band and UHF. The Priority channel is checked every two seconds. Channel Lockout allows you to skip channels you don't want to hear. The Weather Search feature gives you instant access to your local NOAA weather station. Programming is easy. Just key in the desired frequency. You can see the entire frequency on the green vacuum florescent display. Scanning is at 15 channels per second. Automatic or manual squelch is available.

In its day, it was a reasonably good table top programmable 40 channel scanner.

Print it yourself here -
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV...Ekzbc4ir.yndQ-

Geesh, you must be dumb!
If you know how to program it - there isn't much else you would need the manual for!
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...
Old July 23rd 15, 02:16 PM
Senior Member

Electra Corporation, A Division of MASCO Corporation, Cumberland Indiana was the company that manufactured the older model of scanner - same model for Uniden - before they started using a offshore manufacturer.
Japan, Korea, etc...
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...